70mpg on a tank

putyourmittenson

Covered just over 400miles on the weekend and managed 71.2mpg average at a sat nav 63mph. Obviously motorway miles but there was a bit of A and B road in there as well. My TDI A2 75 is completely standard as far as i know. But if i was to do the 5th gear mod, aero pack and maybe narrower wheels what sort of figure would you expect? And this journey was done on standard Asda diesel with a drop of redex, Would something like Shell V Power diesel really have much effect? . my target for this journey (i do it fairly often) is 75mpg.
Also what effect do you lot get with high winds? i once cracked 60mpg in my old PD engined diesel golf due to a severe tail wind.

Last edited:
Excellent. My best to date so far is 69mpg and I have tried all sorts of diesel including Shell V Power and although I thought it drove better at the time it seemed a lot more to pay for what was probably just me believing all the hype about it and convincing myself it was the best? I always do generally better MPG on Motorways and holding it a steady speed rather than up and down as one does on A roads and such making me think slowing down and accelerating back up again causes the MPG to drop down.
I always input my figures in Fuelly.com to see how I'm doing. It is satisfying to get great MPG figures!!:)

Just achieved the same mpg in mine. I have the aero mods plus 30mm lower front suspension. I did try and concentrate on free miling where ever possible

Hope your not driving in the middle lane at that speed, like many do,...

caught a young girl feeding her baby in lane 3 on the M4, recently with the inside lanes both clear,... mental

I'm nearly always in the inside Lane thankfully. Billy is also big enough to feed himself now too

Hope your not driving in the middle lane at that speed, like many do,...

caught a young girl feeding her baby in lane 3 on the M4, recently with the inside lanes both clear,... mental

Not breast feeding I hope because that would take some skill while driving!!

Back