TT pedals change

AUDI2012

A2OC Donor
Hi,

i was just wondering how easy is it to change the pedals on the A2 to the TT pedals? Is it a easy swap or bit of a tricky one? Any, advice appreciated.

Nice1

Hi I recently fitted the chrome TT pedals. It was a 5 minute job, just pop the rubber ones off with a flat bladed screwdriver and push your new pedals on.

Be careful removing the clutch pedal rubber as I broke a corner off my pedal due to it being plastic. I think the gas and brake were metal but could be wrong.

I checked this forum to ensure I got the correct part numbers. Be aware of buying a cheaper set for a LHD vehicle as I remember reading the gas pedal doesn't fit RHD cars.

Kind regards,

Tom

Hi I recently fitted the chrome TT pedals. It was a 5 minute job, just pop the rubber ones off with a flat bladed screwdriver and push your new pedals on.

Be careful removing the clutch pedal rubber as I broke a corner off mine due to it being plastic. I think the gas and brake were metal but could be wrong.

I checked this forum to ensure I got the correct part numbers. Be aware of buying a cheaper set for a LHD vehicle as I remember reading the gas pedal doesn't fit RHD cars.

Kind regards,

Tom

Thanks Tom for the quick reply!:) are you able to provide me with the part numbers (if poss?) also I believe there are two sizes for the accelerator pedal from what ive heard, though could be wrong.

You are correct that the gas pedals do vary. I purchased a set of after market TT pedal covers knowing that the gas one would be wrong (the pictures show six rubber strips) I also purchased a genuine second hand gas pedal cover (only 5 rubber strips) which fitted perfectly.
2work is correct about removing the old clutch rubber when cold as I too broke off part of the pedal!

Geoff

I also purchased a set of TT pedals from Ebay, and as above, also managed to snap some of the plastic off the clutch pedal (Doh!) so need to bond this on - is No More Nails recommended for this?

Also, the accelerator pedal appears to be a solid plastic rather than rubber like the others. Is there a way to remove this? I don't want to do unnecessary damage.

Cheers,

Andy

Reviving this one.... bought cheap chinese set some weeks back and they were advertised as rhd but accelerator pedal cover rubber part is too wide to fit. Clutch and brake appear to fit ok.

Has anyone managed to get these Chinese accelerator pedal covers to fit ok or do I have to find a proper tt one?

Last edited:
Reviving this one.... bought cheap chinese set some weeks back and they were advertised as the but accelerator pedal cover rubber part is too wide to fit. Clutch and brake appear to fit ok.

Has anyone managed to get these Chinese accelerator pedal covers to fit ok or do I have to find a proper tt one?
I used these, from memory they were straight forward to fit and haven't caused any issues.

Same ones david...or so I thought. When you offer up against the accelerator I cant see how it would work as the rubber on either side of the new cover seem too wide and would never fix on.

just reading this thread i have in my basket (not yet bought) 2 sets of genuine TT PEDAL COVERS from the seller cum-cartec in germany but they are 55 euros per set plus shipping if this helps and they are the genuine item not chinese plus same company supplies plug n play komfortblinker. individual pedals on ebay are silly money the full set on cum-cartec seems reasonable and delivered within a couple of days.

Last edited:
I have a set of TT pedals from CumCartec on my Akoya TDi90 worth every euro cent. Fit perfect look fantastic. Chinese anything is to be avoided these days. Buy German ?? ?

Attachments

• B629465D-4F55-4952-BD9D-9874FE138666.jpeg
    B629465D-4F55-4952-BD9D-9874FE138666.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 374
I have a set of TT pedals from CumCartec on my Akoya TDi90 worth every euro cent. Fit perfect look fantastic. Chinese anything is to be avoided these days. Buy German ?? ?
Hi, do they raise the level of the pedals or just a rather thin cover? I'm looking into raising the gas pedal level as it's far lower than the rest. Cheers

Yes it raises the gas pedal slightly because it slots over the top of the plastic square that is already on it. The clutch and brake pedal caps are removed for the TT ones to go straight on to the metal parts.

Yes it raises the gas pedal slightly because it slots over the top of the plastic square that is already on it. The clutch and brake pedal caps are removed for the TT ones to go straight on to the metal parts.

I did this on my car on Friday, you remove the one plastic/rubber pedal cover from each pedal before putting these on, the accelerator is in this position before putting this cover on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back