G Techniq C4 permanent trim restorer

Dave M

Admin Team
United-Kingdom
Followed Matts suggestion and removed the fog lights to clean the inside - all in all a relatively simple job with the angle adjuster being just slightly awkward in the separation process. I used C4 permanent trim restorer/sealant on the fog light surround trim and it has made a big difference !. Lovely sunny day outside so i am now getting stuck into the rest of the trim. :)

C4 002.JPG

C4 001.JPG

Great products from a well established company, have you tried the glass treatments yet? It's excellent & well suited to the rake of A2 screens.

I havn,t tried it but i may well be tempted now - it brings the exterior trim up like new !. :)

Last edited:
C4 doesn't last for ever in the container, I bought mine in 2008 & used it on 2 cars & then it sat in the garage cupboard & has turned to glass like crystals but then it is 8 years old.

There is a discount code if you register on their website.

Good to hear of products that last long than a few weeks. I will get some in the summer when I have more time and the weather gets better.

Hi Dave

How's the trim looking now 3 months on? What prep work did you have to do to prepare the surface. Looking at ordering some soon now that the weather has broken.

Its still looking good Steve, thankyou. . I didn,t do any prep work - just gave it a good wash down and dry. :)

Well remembered Steve and excellent news Dave. The stock Autoglym product I use tends to fade or wash off in a few weeks; with the rubber seals/mud-flaps being most susceptible to this.

GTechniq recommend using an all purpose cleaner to 'prep' the plastic trim prior to C4 application
I go further than that and wipe down with diluted IPA..I know its truly ready then

Used some of this last week and the results are fantastic.

I'm not afraid to say that my A2 is a good example, but it had started to look a little tired and it was the window rubbers that had been letting it down.

One application of c4 later and the rubbers are looking factory fresh and the car years younger.

It gets a double thumbs up from me and I would highly recommend it.

Here's a link to the one I used. It came with the things needed to prep the surface first.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=252389400378&alt=web

C4 isn't the cheapest but you really get what you pay for.

Last edited:
Excellent Steve. I bought some last week (ahead of VAG) but didn't get the opportunity to apply it. Good to know what I am letting myself in for.

Did you do any prep first other than washing? Also, did you mask up? I have read it can be a sod to shift any over-application from the bodywork if is sets.

Excellent Steve. I bought some last week (ahead of VAG) but didn't get the opportunity to apply it. Good to know what I am letting myself in for.

Did you do any prep first other than washing? Also, did you mask up? I have read it can be a sod to shift any over-application from the bodywork if is sets.

I used the panel prep liquid that came with the pack. It's just paint prep liquid. I didn't mask up and had no issues with wiping any excess off the windows etc with the microfibre cloth provided. It said in the kit to wipe the c4 off straight away but I let it adhere for a few moments first. Seems to have done the job. I used about half a bottle on all of the rubbers/black plastics of the A2. May try using it on some interior parts next.

This is loooking very interesting! But it seems to be hard to find the kit at a reasonable price, shipped to Sweden. Are there any other products that are considered almost as good?

This is loooking very interesting! But it seems to be hard to find the kit at a reasonable price, shipped to Sweden. Are there any other products that are considered almost as good?

I just looked to see what the postage cost would be if I had a kit sent to my address and then forwarded it on to you to see if it worked out cheaper that way. I can see what you mean, postage to Sweden was £24 alone :-(

Is it ok to use on rubber trims in the long term as thought it was designed more for plastics? Just wondering because some products can cause rubber to harden or perish

Back