Please register your interest in the Votex style spoiler and body kit (no commitment)

Would you be interested in Votex style parts, no commitment yet?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Birchall

Dick Chown Award 2016
I need to gauge numbers so that I can calculate the minimum price to break even.

I don't have a price for the full kit yet, but I still need an idea of who would be interested, so I have put a price that I cannot be sure will be correct, just as a guide.

Thanks
Steve B

Last edited:
It is looking like we have interest in a total of 10 bodykits and 11 rear spoilers (and some individual parts, jacking point coves etc.)

This is when you break down the figures
I.e. 5 rear spoilers by themselves and 6 full kits (including rear spoiler) makes it 11 spoilers
6 full kits and 4 kits without spoiler makes it 10 kits.

Not bad and lots of time left you register your interest.

Ideally we would need 9 more people interested in a rear spoiler and 10 more bodykits, to get the best prices for these.

Cheers
Steve B

Not my area of expertise, but doesn't the Votex spoiler also fit the 1.4 petrol?

Cheers,

Tom

A good spot by Tom. The poll might not fully reflect total interest Steve - the spoiler being voted on as a TDI only item.

Can this be edited as per standard threads?

Edited to remove that. Thanks guys, not sure why I wrote that in the first place?

steve B

Nice one. As I wasn't sure, I didn't want to mess about with voting elements on iPad in case I lost some info for you. Not being lazy. Much clearer description. :)

Yes Steve. I was privileged, and I sincerely consider it that, to be awarded moderator status in October 2007. It is a function that I have seldom had cause to use in its fullest sense on these pages, aside of moderating new members and controlling spam, due to the good natured content and good folk on here.

Are you able to edit someone else's posts Darren??

Yes Steve. I was privileged, and I sincerely consider it that, to be awarded moderator status in October 2007. It is a function that I have seldom had cause to use in its fullest sense on these pages, aside of moderating new members and controlling spam, due to the good natured content and good folk on here.

Well that's a great testament to the club :)

The original Audi A2 Bodykit-parts were manufactured from MS Design Auto Tuning GmbH. MS Design was the OEM for the VW Votex GmbH (since 11/2007 Volkswagen Zubehör / Volkswagen Accessories).

Is this intiative to order original parts or is this a replica project?

Edit: Sorry, just found this thread after i wrote this post.

Last edited:
hi steve,

glad to see the commitment and effort into such a special project which seems to be a wish come true for most folk :)

so please add me to your list for a full kit :) i would add another full kit but ( and with not upsetting any women on this forum) i feel my beloved would somehow destroy it lol

i have also voted via the poll too :)

cheers

cammy

The original Audi A2 Bodykit-parts were manufactured from MS Design Auto Tuning GmbH. MS Design was the OEM for the VW Votex GmbH (since 11/2007 Volkswagen Zubehör / Volkswagen Accessories).

Is this intiative to order original parts or is this a replica project?

Edit: Sorry, just found this thread after i wrote this post.

These will be replicas, we could not find a way to get originals made.

But these will look like the real thing.

Steve B

I am interested in the replica bodykit without spoiler (would like to know it I can machine the latter to fit 1.6FSI/1.2TDI rear spoiler...). Will clarify with a TÜV if it is possible to get an operation approval.

I am interested in the replica bodykit without spoiler (would like to know it I can machine the latter to fit 1.6FSI/1.2TDI rear spoiler...). Will clarify with a TÜV if it is possible to get an operation approval.

Hi,

The 1.6 spoiler is much deeper and so it would not be made to fit by maching the new rear spoiler, but I would guess (and it is just a guess) that if you cut the 1.6 spoiler down to match the 1.4 spoiler then you MIGHT be able to make it fit (I am not recomending it, just offering it as a possibility?)

The number of people interested in a Voteex style rear spoiler to fit the 1.6 is likely to be too small and so the tooling costs (Mould etc.) cannot be spread across lots of spoilers and so the price would be too expensive.

Steve B

Hi Steve,

Thanks for you reply. I used to have a standard ("small") 1.4TDI rear spoiler on my car but got a rear boot lid replaced last year. Now I have a 1.6FSI version. Technically speaking, a rear spoiler mounted on a 1.2TDI/1.6FSI generates greater downforce and reduces drag coefficient. There was a special edition of an MTZ journal dated 02/2000 with detailed information on aerodynamics of the A2 and its development.

Functionality is more important to me in this case so I will be more than happy to get the full replica kit without rear spoiler.

Last edited:
Hi,

The first rear spoiler should be ready next week, I will use that to verify the fit and the quality.

We can then produce a run of these and so I will soon be asking for firm orders.

As soon as they are ready to be ordered ONLY members registered before that date will be offered them at the cost price.

Anyone registering after that date will be able to buy them, but at a small mark up.

Current members will be able to buy one at cost (maximum 1 per member at that price!!!)

More details and confirmation of the cost price soon.

Steve B

Hi,

The first spoiler is complete and I should have it in the next day or two.

This will be just used to check it for quality and fit.

I will be doing a trial fit on my wife's 90, if it fits it will stay on there.

I will post plenty of pictures on here as soon as it is in my hands.

If it fits properly and is of the required quality (I am a fussy so an so!) then I will switch to taking firm orders and I will post details of the up front payment required (I don't like asking for that but I will be paying a few thousand to get the first 20 produced and I need to know that the orders are genuine).

Details (including a confirmed price of course) will be posted as soon as possible and as soon as the quality and fit is confirmed I will be switching to "order mode" and that means that only those members that registered before that point will be able to buy them at the "members only cost price". Members joining after that point will still be able to buy them at at reduced price and non members will have to pay full price (which will still be as low as I can make it)
(Sorry to keep repeating that bit, but I don't want anyone to misunderstand)
Development now switches to the body kit and hopefully that will not take as long as the spoilers did. But it will be worth the wait!!!

Steve B

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back