Glove box light !

Tazio

A2OC Donor
hello there i have an odd problem when my lights are on the glove box light will not switch off even when the glove box is shut , during the day time it is fine .... any ideas ?

hello there i have an odd problem when my lights are on the glove box light will not switch off even when the glove box is shut , during the day time it is fine .... any ideas ?
Micro switch fault. It is a weak point in the design, the operating arm is quite fragile.

Both mine are the same. The little plastic tab that separates the contacts to switch off the
light when closed has broken in both of them. I have tried to repair, but the plastic is difficult to bond.

I'm pretty much resigned to living with it.

Ah thanks! odd design fault is there any way of sorting it ? or do i just have to live with it ...... slightly annoying driving at night with glowing passager foot well !!

Hi

Try Gorilla glue great at bonding plastic very tough I have used in many applications and is very cheap worth a try !

Ian

It's a very weak design. Tony at a2carsltd is modding mine with a new type of switch that bypasses the current one.

James

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Tazio,
I have a 3D printed repair part available to repair the glovebox such that the light will work correctly (do a search for glovebox light repair)
The part is £2.50 including P&P which cover the plastic used and the P&P costs, let me know if you want one

The first batch went out last week and one member as fitted his and posted some piccies advising that it works perfectly (as it did on my A2)

Cheers,
Paul (Depronman)

I still have a few glove box switch repair pieces if anyone else is in need of one, easy fitting and permanent fix to this annoying problem

Cheers,
Paul (Depronman)

I still have a few glove box switch repair pieces if anyone else is in need of one, easy fitting and permanent fix to this annoying problem

Cheers,
Paul (Depronman)

Hi Paul. You know I've no idea if my glove box light is functioning or not but I would buy one of these from you as a preventative measure if its not already broken. I will PM you.

Back