Window wind deflectors

johnyfartbox

A2OC Donor
United-Kingdom
Ive already posted this on an old thread but just to bump it up to the top(maybe I dont have to do this) here is my post.

Ive ordered some wind deflectors from these guys and I so wish I had read the feedback section.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1719050310...:MEBIDX:IT

Im still waiting after five days, they state 48 hour delivery.

Also got an email saying that they have just been dispatched.......(Today) with a tracking number that does not work .

They said they posted them out on the 1st April, I placed the order on 31st March.

I will keep you all updated.

:confused:

Untitled.jpg

Last edited:
I sent them an email earlier and received this back within an hour.
......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Thank you for contacting us.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the delay in dispatching your wind deflectors.

Our parcels are usually dispatched within 1 business day, however, we had a delivery issue with the producer,
Team Heko.

We can confirm your parcel already left our depot and you should expect it within the next 3 business days.

We realise you were looking forward to receive these accordingly to the information stated on eBay, so we would
like to apologise for the inconvenience.

To compensate you the delay and inconvenience, we suggest returning a £5.00 compensation fee to your Paypal
account, please let us know if this would be acceptable.

If you needed any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,

Jeremy Collins
Senior Customer Service Manager

....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Lets see what happens and I will keep you updated.

Always worth a complaint if you don't get treated correctly, a well worded one can get good results. The offer of a free fiver back into paypal won't go amiss.....now what extras can you treat your toy to with a fiver.....

I've got some HEKO ones on my A2. The front are very good, the rears can fall out over time, so my rear are currently in the boot. I would recommend you replace the double sided tape they come with, with some decent 3M stuff.

I find they massively reduce the 'helicopter' noise. They're pretty cheap, so I thought I would take a chance on them, and have kept them on.

From experience get some '3M™ x 5MM AUTO ACRYLIC FOAM DOUBLE SIDED ATTACHMENT ADHESIVE TAPE' they'll not fall then.

One of my rear deflectors is on the M56 where my daughter opened the window and it fell of at speed!!!
My other one is in the garage...only the fronts left for me too!!!

Ok guys. they arrived this morning and after sending them an email saying so, they refunded me the fiver into my paypal account within the hour.
Rather pleased with them so I will be taking your advice and fitting them tonight.

Hi there. We've always got our wind deflectors direct from "climair" and haven't had any problems. Perhaps I should get some for the a2?
Rgds colin

My A2 has now been...erm...flectored.

Figured out why my car was having so much condensation inside, the passenger front window wasn't shutting completely under the deflector. So I have removed them all now, car looks a bit naked and narrow without them, but it is a lot quieter on the motorway admittedly.

Stuebydoo,

If you're not using the rear wind deflectors I'd be very interested in taking them off your hands. I did have a full set of Team Heko's but the rears are missing. I did remove the awful supplied sticky tape and replaced it with 3M foam tape and they were fitted for over a year. One Sunday (car cleaning day) I noticed they weren't fitted anymore and started the hunt to replace them. The only way was to buy a new set which I haven't done.

Please let me know if you are ready to part with them.

Kind regards,

Tom

I know this is a pretty old thread but thought it was worth asking anyone who’s fitted them before. I just bought myself a set of heko wind deflectors (same eBay link as above) and having real trouble trying to fit the ones on the front windows. Offering them up to the door (while they’re still in the bag so I can still return them) they don’t look quite the right shape to me - not a sharp enough angle at the where top of the door curves down and a bit of overhang at the bottom. Do they need forcing into shape to fit under the rubber seal, or have they simply sent me the wrong set (though it says Audi A2 on the bags)?
4AD290B3-0B2D-4188-97EE-2C4002AF77E6.jpeg

DDA31139-CB74-4740-8195-A928321EBB70.jpeg

Yes you do have to bend them a bit to fit them into place. That tension is some of how they keep themselves there.

Finally got round to having another look at this. I imagined you might be right however a bit reluctant to try fitting them properly in case they really don’t fit and I’m refused a refund - which the instructions warn me about. However I measured the length of the recess under the rubber seal, and it’s 1 cm shorter than the length of the deflector, even taking into account the 1 cm or so where it’s designed to fit into the rear corner of the door. I double checked this by measuring just the bottom bit which fits past the wing mirror and the part seems to be too long and will foul the seal running along the bottom of the window. So it really does look like it’s unlikely to fit. I’ve messaged them and I’ll see what they say.

A quick footnote to this one - after a rather drawn out dialogue with the supplier, following which they offered me a refund, though no replacement, I decided to take a chance and took them out of the bag to fit them properly. And sure enough with a bit of brute force they did fit - just as well because I don’t think I’d have been able to return them so their recommendation to test fit before removing them from the bag doesn’t make much sense! But the main thing is that they’re on now, seem very solid and look quite discreet.

Back