Spotted this little beauty

redbull_a2

A2OC Donor
20160406_075250.jpg

Whilst working today in Milton Keynes I spotted this beauty in the reception of VW financial services. I didn't get a close look but I know the camper van has about 10 miles on the clock, so guessing the A2 was built then kept. It's a 05 plate so possibly the last one ever made ?

Hi from the pic the A2 looks like it may be a 1.2 TDI because of the alloy wheel trims. Good spot cheers for sharing mike

Looks like it is a 1.2

FB05 LDA

Vehicle details
Vehicle make AUDI
Date of first registration with DVLA 20 June 2015
Date of first registration 14 April 2005
Year of manufacture 2005
Cylinder capacity (cc) 1191cc
CO₂Emissions 86 g/km
Fuel type DIESEL
Export marker No
Vehicle status Tax not due
Vehicle colour GREY
Vehicle type approval M1
Wheelplan 2 AXLE RIGID BODY

Screenshot_2016-04-07-04-46-41.png

It is the 1.2 TDI. Was registered on 14th April 2005. Was that the last day of production? Wasn't registered until 2 months later with the dvla.
Must be a reason why it's in the reception on VW financial services .

View attachment 23415

Whilst working today in Milton Keynes I spotted this beauty in the reception of VW financial services. I didn't get a close look but I know the camper van has about 10 miles on the clock, so guessing the A2 was built then kept. It's a 05 plate so possibly the last one ever made ?

Maybe we should consider contacting VW to ask if we could have a look at this car sometime as part of a social gathering and run a feature on the car / club for one of the enthusiast publications ? It might be the only ''museum standard' A2 in the UK.

I'm picturing this factory fresh museum piece pictured alongside a few of our stand out A2s on the forum. Would be a fab story.

Thanks for posting Paul. Very interesting indeed.

I have to assume it is lhd. Difficult to tell from the photo. Is there any possibility it could be rhd? that would be a unique vehicle.
Geoff

I have seen the pictured 1.2TDI in the flesh.

It is one of the last to roll off the production line, but certainly not the very last. It was originally bought in Germany by a chap who used the car like any other. It performed its intended function for many years. It is LHD, as all 1.2TDIs are. It's a used car and therefore isn't factory fresh, but it's undoubtedly in good condition. It was imported into the UK and only thereafter found its way to VW.

Cheers,

Tom

Last edited:
I have seen the pictured 1.2TDI in the flesh.

It is one of the last to roll off the production line, but certainly not the very last. It was originally bought in Germany by a chap who used the car like any other. It performed its intended function for many years. It is LHD, as all 1.2TDIs are. It's a used car and therefore isn't factory fresh, but it's undoubtedly in good condition. It was imported into the UK and only thereafter found its way to VW.

That's too bad. It's still great it's being exhibited at VW though. So I'm still on the search for that time warp A2 that's been stored since purchase. :eek:

Hi guys,

This is the first 1.2 tdi that we at WOM Automotive imported and registered in June last year.

It was a low mileage used example in great condition that originated from Germany. We're really pleased to see it being shown off at VW and raising the profile of the A2 and the first '3L' car in particular.

If anyone would like anymore information on the car then just let me know.

Cheers Rob.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi guys,

This is the first 1.2 tdi that we at WOM Automotive imported and registered in June last year.

It was a low mileage used example in great condition that originated from Germany. We're really pleased to see it being shown off at VW and raising the profile of the A2 and the first '3L' car in particular.

If anyone would like anymore information on the car then just let me know.

Cheers Rob.

Do you know how it came into the hands of VW Rob? Glad to see they are proud of their heritage.

Hi Steve,

I think it will be on loan from the company that we sold it to. I know they lend a lot of vehicles from their fleet which includes a variety of special VAG vehicles to VW for special events/purposes. I imagine that this is the case here as well.

I think it has to be good for our community that Volkswagen have an interest in showing off the A2 like this and fully agree with you; it's great to see.

Cheers Rob.

Last edited:
Back