indicator 'clicker' problem

aspiotis

Just returned from dropping my daughter at the train station. Something strange occurred on the way home
I indicated to turn and then turned. The indicator stalk re set itself correctly (switching off the indicator) but the clicking sound continued - only double time!
It basically rapid-clicked all the way home unless I was actually using the indicators - in which case it behaved normally
Indicator bulbs all working normally

Anyone have any ideas?

Sounds like the indicator arm playing up. This happened on my old A2 not long after we bought it in 2004. Changed the relay first but problem was still there.

Yep. Indicator relay. The next stage could be no function at all...as mine did. It's buried behind the climate unit. There are posts and picture on the forum of how to change it.

James

Sent from my SGP712 using Tapatalk

Sounds like the indicator arm playing up. This happened on my old A2 not long after we bought it in 2004. Changed the relay first but problem was still there.

Indicator problems tend to be related to the relay, though on the occasions that I've come across the specific fault described, the cause has been the stalk, as Stevec mentions. Changing the relay is the easier job, so if you've got a replacement available, I'd rule that out first.

Cheers,

Tom

Back