Help - Oil Top Up Needed On My '02 1.4 SE Petrol. What Oil To Use?

J3FVW

My low oil warning came on this morning on the way to work so I'm going to nip out at lunch time to get a top up bottle.

I've just been on Halfords website and have entered my reg number and it returns various different oil types so I'm a bit confused. What is the correct oil that I need as it needs topping up ASAP.

Also does anyone know the correct part number for the dipstick on my model. When I've looked at it it has previously been "bodged" with some tape so I might as well replace that ASAP too.

My low oil warning came on this morning on the way to work so I'm going to nip out at lunch time to get a top up bottle.

I've just been on Halfords website and have entered my reg number and it returns various different oil types so I'm a bit confused. What is the correct oil that I need as it needs topping up ASAP.

Also does anyone know the correct part number for the dipstick on my model. When I've looked at it it has previously been "bodged" with some tape so I might as well replace that ASAP too.

Hi,

the dipstick part depends on which 1.4 engine you have, production changed from AUA to BBY at around June 2002. I suggest you check the ID sticker next to the battery in the boot.

AUA (later than 8Z-2-000-001) 8Z0115611R
BBY 8Z0115611P

regards

Andrew

Hi,

the dipstick part depends on which 1.4 engine you have, production changed from AUA to BBY at around June 2002. I suggest you check the ID sticker next to the battery in the boot.

AUA (later than 8Z-2-000-001) 8Z0115611R
BBY 8Z0115611P

regards

Andrew

Mine was first registered in June 2002 so I'm guessing the AUA stick will be a safe bet?

Cheers guys for your help.

Unfortunately things have taken a turn for the worse as my dipstick had been bodged by someone in its life before I owned it and when I topped up the oil this morning and went to check the level on the dipstick the blummin thing snapped and part of it is left in the car.

Not a good day. Big thanks to Special Edition Dave for his ongoing "support" in my times of need though :)

Cheers guys for your help.

Unfortunately things have taken a turn for the worse as my dipstick had been bodged by someone in its life before I owned it and when I topped up the oil this morning and went to check the level on the dipstick the blummin thing snapped and part of it is left in the car.

Not a good day. Big thanks to Special Edition Dave for his ongoing "support" in my times of need though :)

Proper Audi dipsticks break like that too, so it might not have been bodged?

Steve B

Proper Audi dipsticks break like that too, so it might not have been bodged?

Steve B
It was an original Audi part but it had been bent so that the plastic had folds/creases in two places and these had weakened the main shaft. At some point somebody had tried to strengthen it with black insulation tape but it didn't last long and looked a right old mess.

£28 from Audi for a new dipstick plus some messing about trying to get the remnants of the old one out for my mechanic tomorrow..

I've got to take it on the chin but I'm finding it so frustrating as I work my way through the car undoing some of the bad workmanship that had been inflicted on it by the previous owners people.

There are mechanics and there are mechanics......

There are mechanics and there are mechanics......

DEFINITELY!!!

Give me a small but enthusiastic and knowledgeable garage every time, even a one man operation can be better than a main dealer / large chain.

Especially with cars like ours that are quirky and need understanding.

Steve B

Back