Stanford Hall VW Show

Ian210

A2OC Donor
I notice that the A2oc does not have a Club Display at the Stanford Hall Show. Has it been considered in the past? Any VAG related club can have a display there with a maximum of 10 cars on display. There is no charge for the display area, but owners just pay the public entry fee of £10 for adults, children under 14 are free. This year is the 40th anniversary of the show, which is the UK's biggest, privately run show on the calendar with 11,000 visitors on the day. We could also have a separate 'Concours' class for A2's.

Hi yes I have looked into it but the stumbling block is 10 car limit. It would be unfair to the many that join the socials to start limiting who attends. Looks a good show though. Cheers Mike

Hi yes I have looked into it but the stumbling block is 10 car limit. It would be unfair to the many that join the socials to start limiting who attends. Looks a good show though. Cheers Mike

Not necessarily so.

I have an info pack about Stanford Hall and on page 5 under the heading "Club Displays" it says:

"The displays can consist of a maximum of 10 vehicles. Any increase on this number can only be accommodated with the advance approval of the organisers through the Display Stand Manager, and is subject to space availability."

20 A2's will probably take up the same space as 10 A8's.

So how about an A2OC stand there next year?

Cherie and i will be there this year with our A2.

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    582.9 KB · Views: 309
Last edited:
Just got back from Stanford Hall. Had an excellent day, the weather was good and the cars were even better. Two A2's in the concours, ours and a silver one. Told them about the A2OC as they had not heard of the club before.

The TTOC had 24 cars on their club stand so i think they would allow more than 10 A2's next year if/when there is a club stand.

Cherie and i stayed at the Holiday Inn at Rugby/Crick on the Saturday night, loads of parking, a health club with swimming pool on site and a great breakfast.

Who else would be interested in an A2OC club stand next year?

Last edited:
Stanford Hall is a big VW/Audi event and i think we ought to consider a club stand at next years meet. I have been on a couple of occasions and its a great day out - superb surroundings and many many cars to drool over !. :)

Last edited:
I've been to Stanford Hall with the new beetle owners club. Very good show. Lots of variety. I seem to remember a big camper/bus presence.

Back