Insurance and owning multiple vehicles

Alan_uk

A2OC Donor
A2s are getting so cheap that many members of this forum now have multiple vehicles. Some are buying one A2 of each colour and type, like collecting stamps!

I'm intrigued about insurance costs when owning multiple cars. Presumably the premium is not cost x number of vehicles, as you can only drive one at once. On the other hand I can see insurance companies thinking that there may be multiple drivers, some perhaps young and inexperienced using some of the vehicles. (i.e. more than one on the road at once). But if you had owner only insurance then only one vehicle will be driven at once (but the others have a fire and theft risk so the premium need to cover that).

A2s are getting so cheap that many members of this forum now have multiple vehicles. Some are buying one A2 of each colour and type, like collecting stamps!

I'm intrigued about insurance costs when owning multiple cars. Presumably the premium is not cost x number of vehicles, as you can only drive one at once. On the other hand I can see insurance companies thinking that there may be multiple drivers, some perhaps young and inexperienced using some of the vehicles. (i.e. more than one on the road at once). But if you had owner only insurance then only one vehicle will be driven at once (but the others have a fire and theft risk so the premium need to cover that).

It is not far off being a full price for each car, in some cases even more (because your No Claims Bonus can only be used on one car)
But you need to check out the multicar policies (although in my experience thee are not that cheap either.)

The best recomendation for car insurance costs is to get as mamny quotes as you can, simples!

Steve B

Back