Please Help...code 0135. 02 sensor Heating circuit malfunction (bank 1 sensor 1)

Hey guys I have just used a memo scanner as the engine light had come up on my Audi a2.

The code was - 0135. 02 sensor Heating circuit malfunction (bank 1 sensor 1)

Can anyone give me advice on what I will need to do to fix this? What it will cost? Whether I can continue to drive till I can get to a garage?

I'd really appritiate some help and advice as my local garage is currently closed and I need the car to get to work.

Thank you

Nat

What engine are we referring to ? It sounds as if the lambda probe has failed and requires a replacement. If it's a 1.6 Fsi I recommend an Audi supplied part due to the sensitivity of the engine management but other engines should be fine with a quality replacement. I would say stay clear of the ones that don't come with the plug and require soldering as that gives a point of possible issues. It's an easy part to change. Good luck and I would say it's fine to drive until you get it repaired. Fuel economy and performance may not be as it should. Cheers Mike

This thread relates to similar lambda sensor problems (but different fault codes) - http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread.php?11558-lambda-sensor&highlight=lambda+heater

The sensor (O2, oxygen or Lambda are all the same thing) only work efficiently when hot so most incorporate an electric heating element. It's classed as part of the emissions system so if that part of the sensor fails it flags a fault code and engine management light.

Cheers Spike

Thank you. It's an Audi a2, 1.4 petrol. I tried again to start it thinking I could still use it but it's totally conked out now. Gona hopefully get the part then call AA out and ask the man to fit it for me. Thanks

The car should start and run OK with a defective O2 sensor so there must be another problem.

Does the engine turn over at normal speed when 'cranking' but just refuses to fire-up ?

Cheers Spike

Back