Decent Torx bit set recommendation!

Crazylegs

Jus reading some of the repair threads and note that many have Torx and screwdriver sets for all the different screws and bolts on the A2
Wondering if anyone has any good recommendations for decent sets at good prices that would encompass all the different fixings

I'm a torx bit guy! Since I'm in Sweden, I buy a lot of stuff locally. But, this company probably just buys OEM stuff from China, you might find it on eBay. That said, here's a picture of the ones I use. They even give 10 years warranty on this set.
2000020355.jpg

@sco: The Draper set that Sinless, me and a few others have is ideal coupled with a socket set (Halfords on offer or Bahco on offer at Amazon). It is a comprehensive set and has bits that are needed for certain jobs. Example: EGR pipe on the FSI, steering wheel removal or door hinges on any of our cars. The set you linked to has it's uses, but the most used bits in it (eg for headlight removal and undertray removal) can be covered by a £7 set from Aldi or Lidl when on offer (good quality, I don't mean this dismissively).

Best thing for any home mechanic is a Halfords socket set and then build from there! The Halfords sets have most of the smaller torx and alan key sizes you need. Then add the draper one above when you have a job that needs it.

ok but the OP asked about a screwdriver set - I wouldn't describe 3/8" and 1/2" drive as screwdriver!

I can see from the listing that some of the sockets are 1/4" so maybe some of the bits are too?

Simon.

Last edited:
Reactions: chb
Hey guys you are all correct and all the sets you have linked to are in essence exactly what I wanted

Yes that big Draper set is one I have had my eye on for a while because I had seen it mentioned and an EGR thread here about a year ago..
The smaller sets are also very kind on my pocket which I need right now..As I'm skint :D

Thanks for the input guys I am about to change my headlight bulb so needed a torx for the removal of the headlight for easier installation..

@ SCO whats the little animal in your avvy, he is a very cute little critter?

Reactions: chb
Back