FSi Sport Mode mod

speedfrc

think I've done with making my car as good as possible, everything works and is sound as...
Now to make it unique I've come up with idea of
Sport Mode button.
As a button itself I'd like to make something that would look own , any suggestions what and where?
What will it do...? well it's gonna transform A2 into little racer...
I don't know if I should really reveal what I'm planning to do before I'll actually do it... well everyone is gonna hate me for it but think I'm gonna do it first and let's call it a teaser hahaha :)
thanx Dave

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Not a nitrous oxide conversion on the cards Dave... :cool:

1967-mustang-fastback-gone-in-60-seconds-eleanor-nitrous-go-baby-go-button-630op.jpg

no nitrous Darren hahaha
wait until you'll hear my car... testing has been done , I just need to make it work with that 'button' , quite like 'go baby go' :)
but would rather go for oem look...

I'm trying to find some motorized air or electric driven flap inbuilt in Y piece of intake pipe... for my project ... any ideas? some diesels have something like that installed to bypass intercooler in process of DPF regeneration...
I can't find it for some reason... :(
any ideas?
... no no I'm not installing a turbo hahaha

Ive got one of these for my exhaust system on my project car to divert exhaust gasses through silencers or straight through and may be what your after thow youl prob need a smaller version .. its wired up to a rocker switch so you can have the flap open or closed via the electric motor.. im building a custom stainless exhaust system incorporating the valve running a standard silenced system or when open into an unsilenced race cans..

IMG_1443.JPGIMG_1444.JPG

you can buy various pipe sections and flanges to suit these valves or custom build your own if youv the tools and skills

Hears a smaller version 51mm with the y peice already welded up and valve operates via a remote key fob

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-51mm-Re...762058?hash=item418b68988a:g:X-sAAOSw1DtXEdIt

-Gary

Last edited:
thanx Jigsaw
well that's exactly what I was looking for... but not quite the same time, that looks like high quality metal product... I don't need high temperature resistance as I'm playing with intake , it looks expensive as well...
what is it and where I can get it from, how much as well?
cheers Dave

its actually aluminium i did add a link on my previous post to a 51mm 2" version but you can get up to 4" ones there not that high a price as it goes for the full kit , under £100 the kit, which was no good for the job i needed it to do so just bought the valve on its own and will be building my own branches and flanges but the link ive posted looks to be what your needing ..

Looking forward to hearing what your planning on building

Regards Gary

Last edited:
link hasn't come up earlier for some reason, but I can see it now, wow that's exactly what I'm looking for... remote control as well, I'd rather prefer solid button but well...
thanx Gary

I have all parts now and it sounds like that...
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6Pada5ZmcSA
but I've started thinking about my next project which is going for tdi, the same time fsi would have to go and I don't think future buyer would have liked this mod, so I've finally decided on stopping here and scraping my Sport Mode.

I am not sure that a three cylinder would sound great? I may be wrong, I haven't heard a three cylinder with an open exhaust though, but surely it wouldn't sound great?

Steve B

I am not sure that a three cylinder would sound great? I may be wrong, I haven't heard a three cylinder with an open exhaust though, but surely it wouldn't sound great?

Steve B

Going back to my teens there wer a few bikes that wer tripples and sounded gorgeous like the four stroke NS400 and even better the 2stroke KH 500 which sounded out of this world with race pipes, Id imagine are little 3 cylinder would sound rather nice with a tuned exhaust , or at least very distinctive

-Gary

Sounds good. There are probably better places you could have test driven it though.

Putting a straight through pipe on the 1.4tdi is quite popular with the Polo modders, try searching YouTube. Doesn't sound too bad.

yes guys
I'm sure three cylinder would have sounded nice but only if it was petrol... two stroke probably even better... but as you both know ... small petrol engine needs exhaust back pressure to maintain required power and torque curve... it's not just cut off job... you can ruin little car's performance this way very easy...
exhaust it's like a speaker enclosure needs to be ruined
tuned correctly... but that task as an diy is not simply possible!
By the way around I've created has nothing to do with exhaust... it's an intake! yes! :)

Back