Michelin Energy Saver - any good?

Mike.M

A2OC Donor
Hi,

I'm due for a set of new tires, are these any good?

Any comments or other suggestions please.

Cheers
Mike

+1, I'm keen on them too. Perform well all-round (not just energy efficiency alone). I think the "Energy Saver +" is the current model, if it doesn't have a plus it's the previous generation.

Had two sets,tread lasts for ages,Perfectly adequate in the wet
Trying one new set on the polo but went for Dunlops on the A2 this time.

I have recently become a fan of Vredestein, very quiet, comfotable ride (by A2 standards)

Also have just put nankang on my new 19" wheels and they too are quiet and comfortable.

I always thought of the tyres from other thatnDumlop, Bridgestone, Michellin and Goodyear etc. as being second class, but I was wrong, the nangkan are highly respected and they are very good too.

There are so many tyre companies these days people often stick with names they recognise. But there are plenty of good tyes around these days and at great prices.

Steve B

I'm coming to the end of life on mine, I can honestly say that they gave no significant mpg benefit over the kankooks they replaced . I would save the money and try something else.

Regards

had the michelin energy tyres on my Passat 4motion, burst like ballons when you hit a pot hole and there are plenty of them about !!! changed to a xl extra load tyre and much better LOL

I'm coming to the end of life on mine, I can honestly say that they gave no significant mpg benefit over the kankooks they replaced . I would save the money and try something else.

Regards

Depends what you call significant. Over their full life they're supposed to pay themselves back several times over, but on a per-tank basis that's only a small difference. Also note that new tyres will always give worse rolling resistance than worn tyres. So initially you are most likely to see a drop in mpg if anything (regardless of what tyres you are going from or to). In the long run it's worth it, but you won't see any benefit in the short term.

Back