Broke my key fob...

hotdog1

Hi,

I have boken the keyring that attaches to the car key ! Does anyone know where i can purchase the small ring bit that then attaches to the main keyring loop?

cheers in advance

Hi,

I have boken the keyring that attaches to the car key ! Does anyone know where i can purchase the small ring bit that then attaches to the main keyring loop?

cheers in advance
Ebay has many complete new "shells" for sale at very low prices.
Or I could pop one (the small pivoting ring) in the post to you if you PM me your address

Steve B

Ebay has many complete new "shells" for sale at very low prices.
Or I could pop one (the small pivoting ring) in the post to you if you PM me your address

Steve B
This is of interest to me as I have been thinking of giving my keys a spruce up for a while. Just a couple of questions: What is the quality of the non OEM shells that are on eBay like? And is it easy to swap the electronics/internals and the blade into a new shell?

Little things like the condition of keys always make a massive difference to the overall enjoyment of ownership I find (a bit like sorting worn climate buttons etc).

Jeff :)

I don't change the whole key fob I just replace the rubber button cover. £2 delivered from eBay. Makes the key feel nice and new and takes two minutes to swap. No dismantling either.

The problem with a new she'll is that you have to also swap the immobiliser chip over and they are a bit fragile.

Steve B

I don't change the whole key fob I just replace the rubber button cover. £2 delivered from eBay. Makes the key feel nice and new and takes two minutes to swap. No dismantling either.

The problem with a new she'll is that you have to also swap the immobiliser chip over and they are a bit fragile.

Steve B
Cheers Steve

I don't like the sound of a fragile component - recipe for disaster!

I'll do a bit more research before taking the plunge.

Jeff :)

I bought 2 off of these (151141987990) ebay listing number, arrived next day and fitted in seconds. really impressed, they look as near OEM as make no difference and for under £2 each delivered.
Thank for the heads up

Cheers,
Paul (Depronman)

just today got my replacements................seem alright but im pressing harder to activate unlock........I also noticed that the ..want of a better word.........the moulded things that press into the fob are not the same as the OEM, the unlock is just a cross shape and not a star shape like the OEM.
But all the same, they do look good.

just today got my replacements................seem alright but im pressing harder to activate unlock........I also noticed that the ..want of a better word.........the moulded things that press into the fob are not the same as the OEM, the unlock is just a cross shape and not a star shape like the OEM.
But all the same, they do look good.

I have been using these for years without a problem and the symbols have not worn off yet either!

I guess there are different makes and so different standards.

But having the unlock button needing more pressure is a bonus, you will be much less likely to press the unlock by accident in your pocket.

Steve B

Hi,

cheers in advance

I have just posted it to you now (I hope I sent the part you need, the two small rings that swivel and connect to the corner of the key fob?

It should arrive on Tuesday.

Steve B

Last edited:
You have to split that part of the key fob in two.

there is a small screw under the audi logo, when that is out you can split the two halves, try not to let the spring from the blade fly out, you just need to separate it enough to slide the part into the bar.

As I say, try not to open it up fully. If you do open it and it comes apart I will try to talk you through the reassembly, but it is best avoided.

When you have done it and screwed it up tight again, you might want to put a touch of glue behind the logo to stop it falling out.

Steve B

Back