Only my second bump in 25 years

johnyfartbox

A2OC Donor
United-Kingdom
And some twonk decided to reverse out of a car park parking bay into my path at the last min and despite me chucking the car to the right I could not avoid glancing his rear end with the near side corner of the A2.

Damage wise..................lots of black deposits from his rear bumper on my front bumper where the spot light is continuing towards the wheel arch which suffered a deep scratch to the paint, also the head light has now got a 4 inch by 1 inch deep scratch, a bit like being rubbed with a piece of 50 grade sandpaper. I have also noticed the the under tray is now lower on that side so maybe it has popped loose.

Ive also noticed that the gap under the headlight is larger than the other side and also the gap between the bonnet and the wing is wider, not a great deal but something has moved due to the impact.
It was a slow impact, about 7mph

I have the whole episode on dashcam and im so glad because he came out all guns blazing and so did his wife accusing me of all sorts but as soon as I mentioned and pointed to the cam they soon shut up.

Just to add, I also found later that the inner wheel arch now has a gap, right at the top of the arch.................I have had a quick look under the bonnet and things look alright and the car still drives fine.

So until the insurance bods come along and take a look I just hope they dont write it off.

Lovin that they shut up as soon as you pointed out the dashcam
Should have said nothing and let them carry on embroiling themselves, then when there insurance company get the footage and show them, that would be just peachy! ;)

Back