Chat Glad I'm. Back...

Morning Gents and ladies.

Been driving my A2 for 3 weeks now and have adjusted to the car. I have to say I love it!! i love the growl the torque and the opposition faces when I put my foot down !!

On Wednesday it's the 6th July - but to me it's more like December 25.....
Why ? I'm off to stealth racing for my six speed box installation and a re map. Am I looking forward to it ? Errrrrr just a bit just can't wait. Hopefully all goes well.

I'm making a break of it and then off to the cotswold for 3 days and have to say enjoying my life again now I'm over my divorce.
Buying the A2 and working on it has been a great tonic.

I'll keep you posted from Wednesday.
Oh yeh one last thing many thanks for all your private and public messages of support over my divorce. It's appreciated

Thanks Andrew.

Andrew,

Very interested in how you get on at Stealth as the six speed box is very much on my want to do list.

Simon.

Congrats to a wise decision. Do you have a Tdi 75 or 90? I am wondering about the gearbox change that you and others desire. I don´t feel the need for a sixth gear. Do all Tdis have the same gear ratio or is the Tdi 75 gearing lower than the Tdi 90?

Is that a new gear box or just an addition of a 6th gear?
Would be keen to know how much that would be.
I have had the remap by Stealth and it made a huge difference to the performance.
Fuel consumption is the same as before but the rev range is opened right up, my 75 is now developing 100bhp but it's the way to delivers it that makes it so much better.

Gents. Upgraded to the 6 speed box and re map now done.
Box is great and a pleasure to use. Ratio are the same one to five and 500rpm less then in 6th.

Would estimate that there is about 40 percent less shift in gears. The purchase and installation costs well worth it.

Remap has almost eliminated the turbo lag and have low end power.

BHP before was 96.65 / 3923....now at 124.38 / 3386.
Tourque 190.73 / 2354 ......now at 219.03 / 2408

Would like to express my huge thanks to vince and his team for the service.

As ever spot on.

I'd highly recommended the above.

Cheers

Andrew.

NB. Watched the GP on Sunday and then went out for a drive just to experience the mods!!

Back