Brake pressure sensor code

LordTJC

Just came back from having a new tyre fitted. Not long after leaving the tyre fitters I had the ABS, traction control and flashing red exclamation mark come up (along with two beeps). We went back and they did a diagnostic scan. The only related error code was "brake pressure sensor". They suggested it was the ABS pump at fault. They cleared the codes and on the way home the same errors came up.

I have searched and found that possibilities are switches on the bottom of the master cylinder or a sensor in the ABS unit.

I think I'm going to have to have it scanned again as I don't have the specific code number.

Has anyone else experienced this problem or knows of any solutions?

Tim

I know its a long shot but could the tyre fitters have accidentally disturbed the ABS sensor wire on the back of the hub. :confused:

I know its a long shot but could the tyre fitters have accidentally disturbed the ABS sensor wire on the back of the hub. :confused:

That's what I thought it could be. However, I checked on Thursday and everything appears fine. What they did do is ruin the hubcap clips so it now falls off.:mad:

I took it to be scanned at a friends mechanics firm and it had these two error codes (amongst others):
01435 Brake pressure 1
00810 Brake pressure 1/2

Looking at the Rosstech website it looks like it may be the ABS pump. Although the error lights haven't come back yet (it was cleared).

Tim

Just came back from having a new tyre fitted. Not long after leaving the tyre fitters I had the ABS, traction control and flashing red exclamation mark come up (along with two beeps). We went back and they did a diagnostic scan. The only related error code was "brake pressure sensor". They suggested it was the ABS pump at fault. They cleared the codes and on the way home the same errors came up.

I have searched and found that possibilities are switches on the bottom of the master cylinder or a sensor in the ABS unit.

I think I'm going to have to have it scanned again as I don't have the specific code number.

Has anyone else experienced this problem or knows of any solutions?

Tim

Worth just checking that your brake lights are working, it is a long shot but you get similar errors when the stop working.

But it may well be the brake sensor failed, but the brake light check is free?

Steve B

Worth just checking that your brake lights are working, it is a long shot but you get similar errors when the stop working.

But it may well be the brake sensor failed, but the brake light check is free?

Steve B

I forgot to mention that we checked the brake lights, they are working fine.

I'm going to leave it a few days and see what happens. I'm starting to think it may be a temperature related issue, as the only times the light has come on is during hot weather. The pressure sensors seem to be working as when it was plugged into the diagnostics machine they were both giving the same readings and changed when pressure was applied to the brake pedal.

Tim

About time I did an update on this. In the end we changed the brake fluid and the faults went away, and there's been no warning lights since. The brake fluid hadn't been changed in ages so was due anyway.

Tim

Back