rear passenger side door speaker noise

leehallum

A2OC Donor
Hi all, I have read through some of the older posts on this issue and wondered if anyone has had a similar issue recently and managed to solve it.

About a week ago I started getting a buzzing noise from my rear passenger door speaker, with the engine on, and it doesn't seem to matter if the stereo is on or off, it is still there.

I think it is probably coincidental but it I noticed it after I had the car serviced

Does anyone know if this could be to do with the speaker itself, or the speaker cable or the connection into the stereo (standard symphony II on my 2003 fsi)

Any advice would be really appreciated before I start taking bits apart

Many thanks

Hi all, I have read through some of the older posts on this issue and wondered if anyone has had a similar issue recently and managed to solve it.

About a week ago I started getting a buzzing noise from my rear passenger door speaker, with the engine on, and it doesn't seem to matter if the stereo is on or off, it is still there.

I think it is probably coincidental but it I noticed it after I had the car serviced

Does anyone know if this could be to do with the speaker itself, or the speaker cable or the connection into the stereo (standard symphony II on my 2003 fsi)

Any advice would be really appreciated before I start taking bits apart

Many thanks

I had this from the front door, but it turned out to be the tweeter that was shorting out to earth.

If you get a VCDS scan done it may even show up as a code on there, mine did, it told me the exact speaker too and that it was an "intermitted short to earth".

Steve B

Hi, after a bit more investigation it looks like the tweeter needs to be replaced, I have found some used ones on ebay for sale, does anyone know if the tweeters are specific to the side of the car, i.e. is there a difference between the O/S tweeter and the N/S tweeter or are they the same part?

Some of the ones that I have seen are listed as being for a specific side whereas others are just listed as the part itself?

Many thanks

Lee

Well I never really got to the bottom of the rear speaker buzzing noise after first posting it, so lived with it up until today when I finally sorted it. The buzzing started coming from the other side as well a couple of months ago and then about two weeks ago the rear speaker on the drivers side stopped working. So thought I would properly look into this again and replaced the amp in the drivers footwell for a second hand one I bought a while back but never got round to trying it, and I'm happy to say replacing this has sorted the buzzing noise and the speaker that had stopped working.

Its worth looking at swapping this if anyone else has the same issue as it seems to have worked for me... so far :)
IMG_3284.jpg

Back