Audi a2 1.6 fsi. Will turn won't start

mark06

Wondering if anyone could help me with a issue on my 1.6 fsi. I parked car up to go in shop come back and would only turn but not start. Had it on the computer but will not communicate with ECU. Could this be a fuse or will I need new ecu.

Hi a failed ECU is very rare-i don't know anyone that has had one go. What are you using to try and scan it? have you used it before(computer)?

Hi a failed ECU is very rare-i don't know anyone that has had one go. What are you using to try and scan it? have you used it before(computer)?

Yes,

I have had error messages from certain "code readers" that state "Failed to communicate with ECU" or similar, even on fully functioning cars without faults.

It can often be down to the software / cable being used.

If it is not a genuine VCDS cable and software then see if a local member with one can try for you? But even if it IS a genuine one I have still had that error from time to time) often when I forget to turn the ignition on when using the code reader!!! (but not ONLY then).

It could be worth checking the connections on the ECU to make sure that are tight and not corroded etc. too.

Steve B

Last edited:
I had this on mine the loom was shorting on the ignition coil loom, and it blew the fuse and then doesn't allow the OBD port to work with any reader. Sorted loom replaced fuse and all good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back