1600 FSI sport

Tobes68

Hello to one and all,

i have this very weekend just purchased an A2, i have been looking for one for a while and then saw one parked and looking slightly unloved on the side of the road and then stopped, haggled and bought it - who in their right mind does this? i have been given the one eyed slightly closed look sideways look after buying it by the wife....
have i made a mistake? possibly, as it's startup can only be described as a poor firing diesel but it's a petrol and perhaps this worries me as i may have shot myself in the foot
as for the car, i have always seen the odd one about and thought i wouldn't mind one of those and having read they are a labour of love which aren't made any more i wanted one even more - my previous vehicles include a 1966 ex-army heavy wrecker and heavy locomotive
do i like it even though the 1600 engine is at present like a wet blanket powered by an asthmatic toad breathing heat into the engine via extra strong mints? YES - i am sure it can be sorted and amongst the array of new metal in the works car park i will be the one laughing my socks off every time i drive this thing -

I will be looking for little help as the days and weeks tick by hence my reason for joining this club but I do see myself keeping this little quirky thing for a while

Welcome to the forum and A2 ownership; a good choice.

These little cars are infectious and really do get under your skin. A hidden gem that many, not in the know folk, sneer at for daring to wear the four rings. The A2 was always light years ahead of its time and has stood up more than well to its aging; and at the same time it defies its Audi critiques. It is a special little car which has lured many an owner back, myself included.

The forum is awash with information from technical support to body repairs and looking after your purchase. A list of some key 'how to guides' can be found here: http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthrea...-of-the-quot-How-To-s-quot-and-useful-threads

Most items will have likely been covered before, but if the search doesn't locate an answer or you need additional advice, ask away.

Some members have created project threads, so if you are thinking about restoring the car to former glory, this is one way of record keeping.

There is also a good social scene, if this is your thing, so check out the calendar.

Look forward to seeing some pictures and enjoy the new car.

... even though the 1600 engine is at present like a wet blanket powered by an asthmatic toad breathing heat into the engine via extra strong mints? YES - i am sure it can be sorted...

... and when it does, your other cars will be collecting dust :)

Cheers
Darko

WAUZZZ8Z73N027334

Welcome.

And I echo the other comments.

A well running 1.6 A2 is a fantastic car and a JOY to drive!!!

Well worth the time and effort to get it running sweetly, lots of help on here including others that have had the "starts up like a diesel" problem.

First tip, have a look at the "How To" section and browse the "Index" sub section, you will find lots of help there.

Second tip, when searching for things on here the site search function is not the best way. Use Google (or similar) and search for "A2OC" followed by the search terms you want to look for. That tends to give more results.

All the best, looking forward to some pictures (as your car is now) and many questions from you.

Steve B

Last edited:
I know little about the 1.6 but one thing I do know is the do sound like a diesel on startup.

james

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Hello to one and all,

i have this very weekend just purchased an A2, i have been looking for one for a while and then saw one parked and looking slightly unloved on the side of the road and then stopped, haggled and bought it - who in their right mind does this? i have been given the one eyed slightly closed look sideways look after buying it by the wife....
have i made a mistake? possibly, as it's startup can only be described as a poor firing diesel but it's a petrol and perhaps this worries me as i may have shot myself in the foot
as for the car, i have always seen the odd one about and thought i wouldn't mind one of those and having read they are a labour of love which aren't made any more i wanted one even more - my previous vehicles include a 1966 ex-army heavy wrecker and heavy locomotive
do i like it even though the 1600 engine is at present like a wet blanket powered by an asthmatic toad breathing heat into the engine via extra strong mints? YES - i am sure it can be sorted and amongst the array of new metal in the works car park i will be the one laughing my socks off every time i drive this thing -

I will be looking for little help as the days and weeks tick by hence my reason for joining this club but I do see myself keeping this little quirky thing for a while

If im right you are from Wells, Somerset? im in Taunton and have a 1.6 FSI so if you wanted to listen to mine you could.

Back