Hello A2OC

Hi every one,

Just bought an A2 1.4 so thought i'd have a look for an owners club.

I bought the A2 as I was given a Daewoo Matiz a few years back and I loved it (FYI: Matiz owners club is great), even thought I thought I would hate it being so small. So this time I wanted a small car that was a little more sophistcated. My A2 is old (2000) with almost 100k on the clock, so its been well used, but it still drives well.

The only slight issue I have with it, is the keyfob buttons not opening the doors, if I use the blade it works fine. so im gonna have a look on the forums to see how I can get it re-synced or something. If I cant suss it out then I might post a help request.

Happy days ;)

Drive safe.

Welcome!!

I am sure that you will enjoy A2 Ownership and the A2OC!!!!

As for the key fobs.

If the batteries in the fobs are in good condition, try the following,

Put a key in the ignition and turn it on, then pres the unlock button a couple of times and switch off and then try it!

If the keys have been paired to your car in the past this whould work.

Steve B

Welcome!!

I am sure that you will enjoy A2 Ownership and the A2OC!!!!

As for the key fobs.

If the batteries in the fobs are in good condition, try the following,

Put a key in the ignition and turn it on, then pres the unlock button a couple of times and switch off and then try it!

If the keys have been paired to your car in the past this whould work.

Steve B

Thank you steve, i shall give it a go.

OK so finaly got around to picking up the car (waiting for the begining of the month for car tax). and unfortunatly every thing I have tried to get the key fob buttons working seems to have no effect. I will investigate this at some point, but its only a minor issue.

PS. thank you for the welcomes etc ;)

OK so finaly got around to picking up the car (waiting for the begining of the month for car tax). and unfortunatly every thing I have tried to get the key fob buttons working seems to have no effect. I will investigate this at some point, but its only a minor issue.

PS. thank you for the welcomes etc ;)

They are either the wrong frequency for the CCCU, or they have never been matched and need to be paired via VCDS.

You have checked / changed the batteries and so that is the only real options left.

Steve

I have a reciept from the previous owner that says the key fob battery was changed recently (i think the previous owner wanted it working prior to selling the car). On the reciept it says "Key puts out signal, but not programmed to car". Any ideas how the garage (not an audi dealer) would have known the key was putting out a signal?

I had always assumed the the key fob was one of the original ones that came with the car but i didnt think to ask when i bought it. I have a valet key now, and have been looking at some other posts about programming, so will try a two key program soon. I will come back to this at some point, but for now I have bigger fish to fry. Take a look at my other thread i started to try and get some ideas about a stalling issue.

http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread.php?30752-A2-1-4-petrol-Stalling-issues

I have a reciept from the previous owner that says the key fob battery was changed recently (i think the previous owner wanted it working prior to selling the car). On the reciept it says "Key puts out signal, but not programmed to car". Any ideas how the garage (not an audi dealer) would have known the key was putting out a signal?

I had always assumed the the key fob was one of the original ones that came with the car but i didnt think to ask when i bought it. I have a valet key now, and have been looking at some other posts about programming, so will try a two key program soon. I will come back to this at some point, but for now I have bigger fish to fry. Take a look at my other thread i started to try and get some ideas about a stalling issue.

http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread.php?30752-A2-1-4-petrol-Stalling-issues
Yes, the larger "Key companies" have testing equipment to check for signals, but unfortunately they cannot check to see if it is at the correct frequency.

The key pairing I mentioned really does work for keys that have previously been paired. Please do try alternative measures though but it really does sound like the key has never been paired to that CCCU.

Do we have anyone local to Plymouth that have a VCDS and can help the member please?

Steve B

Back