Replacing heater fan motor

StevieM

Hi, I wasn't sure where to post this.
I need someone to replace the above ideally near Newcastle upon Tyne.
I have a working used replacement but Audi say the dash has to come out. A2 Cars say this isn't the case and they could do it in under an hour.
I don't fancy travelling 4 hrs there and back hence the question.
Any help would be very much appreciated.
Shout out to Tony at A2 cars who was extremely helpful on the the 'phone.
Thanks in anticipation.

Try Swift Motor Engineering at Westerhope. 0191 2140056

They practically rebuilt my A2 - and am sure they'll have the knowledge and expertise to do a proper job at reasonable rates.
Be prepared for a rant if it's an FSi engine... they hate them after working on mine and several others....

Good luck

Pete

No, the dash does not need to come out.
f97b20f90b7cb3635345c9398c75fb76.jpg
e710e193411c42c544821e0a6a4f621a.jpg

Skickat från min Nexus 5X via Tapatalk

The dash doesn't need to be removed. With just a little degree mechanical competence, you should be able to do this yourself. It really isn't too difficult. I even recall posting something about this on the A2OC myself? I'll have a look .....

David

I did it myself, it's a one hour job, indeed, at least on a LHD car.
Well it took a little more since I took the motor apart and fixed it, instead of fitting a new one.
Only difficulty : one bolt is hard to reach. But with a proper tool, that's OK. It's through a cross bar, below the passenger airbag.

I did it myself, it's a one hour job, indeed, at least on a LHD car.
Well it took a little more since I took the motor apart and fixed it, instead of fitting a new one.
Only difficulty : one bolt is hard to reach. But with a proper tool, that's OK. It's through a cross bar, below the passenger airbag.
I use a ratchet handle with an extension bar to access this screw.

My one has stopped working
But having read the above comments and advice etc
I'll tackle this myself .
👍👍🙌🤞
Take the dash of eh
Audi after a few more hours labour
Who knew eh 🤷‍♂️😧👍😁

Tip for the difficult screw through the access hole in the dash support beam. Hold the bit behind the beam and insert the extension through the hole and into the bit and fit the ratchet last.

Not a difficult job and takes me longer to remove the glovebox!

Back