Calling all members!

Birchall

Dick Chown Award 2016
We have a popular logo design at the moment and the stickers etc have a logo. But it would be good to set a challenge.

A small competition with an even smaller prize for the winner (who will be selected via a free vote)

We want ideas for a new logo! (but fans of the current logo/ stckers, don't worry, these will still be available whatever happens)

We are not promising to use the best one on the club web site and / or stickers etc. but if it is good enough and popular enough we might consider doing that.

You don't have to be a graphic designer or have any artistic skills at all. Rough drawings will be fine, it is just a question of good ideas.

We will set a closing date of the end of August and you can submit as many entries as you want.

Send your ideas (as picture files ideally, Jpeg, GIF or any other common format) or even a scan from a paper design to my PM address and even if that is not possible I can accept postal entries.

The best ones will be put to a member vote to choose the winner.

PM me if you want more details or to submit entries.

Remember that this is just a bit of fun, the winner might be asked if they have change of a pound so that we can pay them the "prize".

So what aboput it?

Hi,

Is anyone planning to have a go at this? As I say you don't have to be a artist / graphic designer.

Steve B

Yeah! Sure! I missed this thread. I'll post some kind of mockup. Any limitations? Are we planning to use the logo on clothes? Limitations in how many colors can be used?

Yeah! Sure! I missed this thread. I'll post some kind of mockup. Any limitations? Are we planning to use the logo on clothes? Limitations in how many colors can be used?

I find that going for the best looking logo first is best, you can always reduce the number of colours if you need to simplify it.

I would love to have it as a full colour stunning logo, but we will see what people come up with.

Thanks for having a go!

Steve B

album.php

attachment.php

needs work but in the end thought that the current logo was so good it just needs re rendering with more realistic chrome

Last edited:
album.php

attachment.php

needs work but in the end thought that the current logo was so good it just needs re rendering with more realistic chrome
Thanks for that, at least you are the first to post on this.

Can you build one in Lego for fun too?

A Lego Logo just sounds right.

Steve B

attachment.php

Just a quick mockup to show another concept. I'm a sucker for flat logos without 3D effect, like our current one. This is composed of Audi fonts. But the font on the top text is an older audi font that isn't used anymore.

I think our current one is pretty nice, but I think that we could remove the chrome effect on the badge. Another idea would be to get hold of the font (I couldn't find it) that is used on the badges on our cars and make a logo that is correct for the period of time that our cars were manufactured. Our current logo is inspired by the RS badge, which really isn't what an A2 is about.

Hello, folks, my girlfriend gave a try and here are results :)
One with stylised car and another with more ordinary lines to our eyes.

Cheers :)

I LIKE. This design a lot. (Changing the car to an A2 if posdible???)

GREAT EFFORT.

steve B

The second set has the right car!!!!

Can we combine the two possibly (just a question, no need to work on it)

Steve B

I agree with Steve great design. If car was more like an A2 it would be perfect!

One concern would be the Audi font looks like the actual one they used to use. This would need to be changed if used on merchandise for legal reasons but not hard to change. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think we can combine these two..I'll ask.

Are we talking about "Audi" name on the logo? It just can be removed easily..I think we do not need that either. And about using for merchandise I don't think we are getting any profit from this. Also we are doing a favour for "audi" because we are advertising this actually. Or am I wrong?

I think we can combine these two..I'll ask.

Are we talking about "Audi" name on the logo? It just can be removed easily..I think we do not need that either. And about using for merchandise I don't think we are getting any profit from this. Also we are doing a favour for "audi" because we are advertising this actually. Or am I wrong?

M the ideal font to use is one that looks extremely similar to the Audi font. If we use a totally different font it never looks right (in my view). So something ALMOST identical would be perfect.
We don't want to break any copyright.

But these look great as they are, so hopefully we can use an extremely similar font????

steve B

Back