Water temp sensor

wiffers

My water temp gauge on the dash isn't working.

Does anyone know where the sensor is located on the engine, and also an eBay /euro car parts part number?

Thank you :)

It always helps to have your car spec on your signature, because the asnwer is different depending on whuch A2 you have.

I think yours is a 1.4 petrol?

I am not sure of the location of that one, but I am sure that you will get your answer soon.

As for part number I would suggest paying a little bit extra and get it from an Audi dealer, there are a lot of substandard ones on the market (I have bought one myself from eBay that failed almost straight away)

Just give them your reg number and they will do the rest.

And welcome to the club!!!

Steve B

That's right mate, yes the 1.4 petrol. Basic model I think as no aircon etc. 2001/X

Roger that, I'll ask audi

Got a few jobs to get her up to par

That's right mate, yes the 1.4 petrol. Basic model I think as no aircon etc. 2001/X

Roger that, I'll ask audi

Got a few jobs to get her up to par

You won't be short of help and advice on here!!!

Please ask as many questions as you want and we will be happy to help.

Now can someone clarify the temp sensor position on the 1.4 petrol engine for Wiffers please?

It may depend on the engine type AUA is very common but it will say on the inside cover of your service book or near the battery on a sticker, which version of the 1.4 engine you have..

Steve B

Evening all.

The sensor is the green do-hickey on the right had side of the engine as you face it. Here is the link to show more detail. It is easily found on ECP with your VRM and searching for sensors, not too expensive.

Just remember that as soon as you pop it out most of your coolant will want to follow suit!

There is a little retaining clip that you pull off first and then it pops right out.

http://workshop-manuals.com/audi/a2/power_unit/4-cylinder_petrol_injection_engine_(1.4_ltr.)_mechanics/engine_cooling/cooling_system/removing_and_installing_coolant_temperature_senderg62/

Green sensor replaced, took about 30 mins, had to put about 2.5 litre of coolant in ha.

Fiddly, but gauge now works

Cheers guys

My water temp gauge on the dash isn't working.

Does anyone know where the sensor is located on the engine, and also an eBay /euro car parts part number?

Thank you :)

Bonjour
Excuse me , identical probleme : but my car is 1600fsi .Is the same location ?

Merci
Same probleme , but my car is 1600fsi

Bonjour
Excuse me , identical probleme : but my car is 1600fsi .Is the same location ?

Merci
Same probleme , but my car is 1600fsi

This is the location on the 1.6

Part number on the 1.6 is 059 919 501 A (ask for the O ring and the clip.

Steve B

Sensor.png

Back