51 Audi A2 1.4S Petrol

Mottza

Hello,

just bought a 51 plate 70k miles A2 1.4S in the Pine Green Pearlescent paint with the sunroof. Needed a run around so thought might as well get a future classic (initially looked at a Lupo). Originally came from Dublin, but first registered in UK.

Few things need to sort...

• Belt, tensioner, water pump change. Dealer said it looked all new and "codes" proved it was new. Found from the main dealer it was done at 41k 5 years ago so now over due
  • Needs new front discs soon as they are tired, might as well do fluid change as well.
  • Few scratches and chips need touching up.
  • New number plate front and back
  • New dipstick (old one had snapped - common issue I see)
  • New plugs and leads
  • N/S light is misted up
  • Update Stereo.

eb13cdebca.jpg

Attachments

• eb13cdebca.jpg
    eb13cdebca.jpg
    610.2 KB · Views: 281
Hi

Welcome to the A2 owners club.

What a beautiful colour. There are a few good solutions for fixing a misted Headlight. My preferred route is a small hole at the bottom of the plastic inner to release moisture.

By now you should you should have received a pm (private message) containing lots of useful information about the club.*

You can access this by clicking on the word 'Notifications' at the very top of this page.**

It looks like this if you are viewing in the desktop site

db4eo.jpg

Or by clicking on the envelope symbol if you are using tapatalk

5o8bhu.jpg

I hope you find it a friendly place to be with lots of useful information.*

Best wishes

Steve

(A2Steve) Member relations*

Ps I have a dipstick available for £5 but they are pretty cheap new from the dealer.

Last edited:
Welcome to the Club,

looks pretty good and Pine Green is a nice colour.

My dipstick was the same when I bought mine, cheap enough fix from Audi.

If any of the misting is from the outer coat of the headlight, the headlight restore kits that buff them should fix it.

Euan

Cheers for the advice. The misting is moisture on the inside.

As it's non AC I'm getting a set of wind deflectors. Sounds wise, keeping the original Audi Chorus cassette unit. But getting one of those tape to 3.5mm Jack converters so the ipod can be linked up.

They are cr*p, better off with a bluetooth FM transmitter, about £7 on Bangood, works a charm and really clear audio

I built mine into a custom made plate which fits in the hole thingy under the Aircon controls

Cheers,
Paul (Depronman)

700 miles on....

Cambelts, pumps and tensioners changed. Front discs and pads changed. Brake fluid tested.

Heko wind deflectors fitted.

New plugs fitted and will get new leads this week.

Touched up a few scratches. Got meguiars clay bar to really clean the paintwork.

All going well, apart from the intermittent issue that the central locking sometimes doesn't work on the drivers side and disable the alarm. Use the passenger door and all is fine. When it does this, I note the fuel cap release fails to work.

Sounds like you've been busy.

The fault could lie with a faulty door microswitch or possibly the cccu on its way out.

All going well, apart from the intermittent issue that the central locking sometimes doesn't work on the drivers side and disable the alarm. Use the passenger door and all is fine. When it does this, I note the fuel cap release fails to work.

Yep, almost certainly a door lock microswitch issue. There's a potential cost-free fix for this here. :p

Regards,

Matt.

Back