No back seat handle!!

I've searched through many of the back seat threads and cannot seem to find anyone with this problem so apologies if this has already been solved!

When I purchased my A2 (April last year for my first car) there was no rear seat "handle" for the right back seat. (The "handle" which lifts the seats out) The seat is now also noticeably lower than the other if you look at them straight on (I can get pictures if needed).

I was wondering if anyone has advice on how on earth i can get this seat out?! If there is any way of putting on a new handle that would be perfect as I have access to an A2 breaking.

Many thanks!!

I've searched through many of the back seat threads and cannot seem to find anyone with this problem so apologies if this has already been solved!

When I purchased my A2 (April last year for my first car) there was no rear seat "handle" for the right back seat. (The "handle" which lifts the seats out) The seat is now also noticeably lower than the other if you look at them straight on (I can get pictures if needed).

I was wondering if anyone has advice on how on earth i can get this seat out?! If there is any way of putting on a new handle that would be perfect as I have access to an A2 breaking.

Many thanks!!
Yes, it really is easy.

If you look at the handle on the other seat, when you swivel it out you will see that at either end is a plastic bung. Prize it out with a screwdriver (it is reasonably long) and do the same on the other side. That is how they come out. Just reverse that to fit a replacement.

But the seat can't possibly go too low, it should be flush with the floor, so it must be the other seat that is too high. i.e. Not fully located

Steve B

Last edited:
Back