Where do I find the turbo pipes?

Rince

Still trying to fix this overboost issue and have replaced the valve with the green pipe coming out of the top, but when i drove off to test it, there was just no real power at all so I came back to check pipes, they seemed OK, took it out again and the problem was still there so I turned the engine off for a few minutes, started up and came back and this time it was OK, at least at lower speeds.

I really need to know where these pipes go to so I can see if all is ok, because they just seem to disappear into the bulkhead and no idea from there. I can't even see where the turbo is!

Cheers,

Andy

On my tdi when I bought it the power was continually dropping off after a few miles use. Stopping and starting again reset it. I found here on the forum that the two very thin pipes which go down between the engine and bulkhead can come apart.

I looked from underneath and sure enough they were both off. I put them on again and have had no trouble in the last 3000 miles. It's difficult to see them, let alone fit them back on but well it as it transforms the performance.

Hmm ok so need the car on a ramp by the sound of things.

Just tested again and replacing this valve hasn't helped at all

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

your car needs a scan.
It could be anything from a split Boost pipe,intercooler or even map sensor.

Suggest save you going round in circles get it scanned,even a Smartphone App will give you a code and take it from there.

I did that and they told me is was an overboost error that was coming up, although they said it didn't look like the intercooler.

I'm hoping that it's going to be pipes, because there isn't a lot left to replace / check :)

This might help you, as used this as a guide when i replaced my TDi engine so i had the pipes in the correct place ..

turbo pipe connections.PNG

Regards Gary

Back