Votex with Cupra splitter

A2Steve

A2OC Donor
Wales
Spent a few hours today fitting my votex kit. Really please with the results and the keen eyed amongst you will notice that I've also managed to fit the Cupra R splitter to the votex as well.

Before

16jkiv5.jpg

During

24l1nkg.jpg

After

2urtbwp.jpg

I have colour-coded the lower grill as well as the service flap. Did you think to do that, too? I think that the upper service flap looks really good in silver, to match the body colour. Well done! I would be a little concerned that the additional Cupra splitter would give precious clearance when going over speed-bumps? Have you tried it?

David

Last edited:
I have colour-coded the lower grill as well as the service flap. Did you think to do that, too? I think that the upper service flap looks really good in silver, to match the body colour. Well done! I would be a little concerned that the additional Cupra splitter would give precious clearance when going over speed-bumps? Have you tried it?

David

Hi David

I wanted to keep the lower grille in black as I wanted to keep some accents in black. I was inspired to paint the service flap silver by the original Al2 audi concept car as this was body colour. The service flap probably only ended up black in final production as it fitted in line with other Audi models at that time with their brand image.

I haven't been brave enough to go over a speed hump yet :) i've gone around them !!

I haven't been brave enough to go over a speed hump yet :) i've gone around them !!

I think that there may be a problem there .... I'm wary of speed bumps with my standard Votex kit (and of fairly shallow kerbs, too) I'd be interested to know how you get on?

David

I think that there may be a problem there .... I'm wary of speed bumps with my standard Votex kit (and of fairly shallow kerbs, too) I'd be interested to know how you get on?

David

Although mine is lowered 25mm the front end isn't actually THAT low. Its helped by the fact I have 18 inch alloys raising the hubs. My issues may occure when I try to go back to my winter 15 inch steels.

I think i'm going to have to bite the bullet and just go for it and hope for the best :D

I'm sure it will be fine - a past member on here fitted one back in 2009 time I believe and it was not an issue. Looks great Steve - good job. image.jpeg

I am jealous.

Where I live all of the parking bays face into the kerb and we are not allowed to reverse in "because it forces the exhaust fumes into people's from doors.
I have to be so careful anyway, so I just can't take a chance. But I want one!!!!!!!

Steve B

I am jealous.

Where I live all of the parking bays face into the kerb and we are not allowed to reverse in "because it forces the exhaust fumes into people's from doors.
I have to be so careful anyway, so I just can't take a chance. But I want one!!!!!!!

Steve B

I'm sorry Steve but it does give me some satisfaction that my A2 has something 'The project' hasn't he he

Back