Bought a cracking 1.4 tdi 2002

Craig

So i went to look at a 2002 1.4 TDi Sport 2002 with 118k today & bought it there & then i was so pleased with it :)
Service history 2xkeys plus some sort of black plastic key :eek:
some pics i took earlier :cool:

So what do you folk think?

Hi Craig

Looks superb, I hope you have many pleasurable miles in it, it looks as if it is just out the Wrapper, did you play rap music on your way home with the volume at max at your delight of such a good find?

Hi Craig

Looks superb, I hope you have many pleasurable miles in it, it looks as if it is just out the Wrapper, did you play rap music on your way home with the volume at max at your delight of such a good find?

Cheers oddie & yes music was on with baseball cap on sideways ;)

cheers steve am well happy with it :cool:

Don't suppose you know what the black plastic key is for??

There are many different uses proposed for the key.

It is meant to be used as a valet key, one that opens the car for the cleaners but will not start it (although some people say it WILL start the car and be accepted by the immobiliser, but I am not sure of that).

It is also said to be a spare key for occasional use only.

But being plastic I would worry that it would break in the barrel.

I prefer for it to be an emergency key to get you into the car if you lost your keys, or if you lock your keys in the car..

Steve B

Looks a good purchase Craig and a great price with sensible mileage. Glad it worked out for you.

HI All
Top buy looks a really clean and well looked after A2.
The plastic key is very rare as they tend to get misplaced. They are meant to be kept in your wallet and are to be used to get into the vehicle in case you loose your keys or get locked out. I don't think there's a transponder chip in it to start vehicle(i could be wrong though as I've never used one).
Steve

thanks guys :)
The black key does start it :eek: i took a video but my stupid phone wont connect with my laptop to download it :mad:

HI All
Top buy looks a really clean and well looked after A2.
The plastic key is very rare as they tend to get misplaced. They are meant to be kept in your wallet and are to be used to get into the vehicle in case you loose your keys or get locked out. I don't think there's a transponder chip in it to start vehicle(i could be wrong though as I've never used one).
Steve

In Holland the say hotelkey , no start butt only for open the car.

Plastic emergency key - key hotel

Ask a question about this product

Excellent plastic emergency key - hotel key with space for transponder for many VW models like Golf, Passat, Bora, Sharan, Touran, Golf Plus, Vento and Lupo.
The key can be supplied with a "lid" with Volkswagen lettering.
Delivery is possible with or without transponder. That transponder is necessary to use also the key to start the car.
The supplied remote must be programmed in this case by a VAG dealer or another (garage) company that offers the VAG equipment / software.

This key is an ideal solution for swimmers, divers and surfers who hide their keys in the car and only wear the plastic key with them to open the car.

Back