Is there any point in buying a more expensive Camshaft Sensor ?

66Beetle

A2OC Donor
Is there any point in buying a more expensive Camshaft Sensor ?

Euro Car Parts have 30% off everything at the moment. Makes a HAAS Camshaft Sensor only £20.99

Their alternative one is BOUGICORD at £32.89 with 30% Discount Code applied but is there any point when we do not even know that is the fault ?

A failed camshaft sensors normally results in a bit more cranking before it fires up. The engine automatically defaults to the Crankshaft sensor for the signal and needs a few more revolutions to work out where TDC on the ignition stroke is, but it won't prevent it starting.

I would personally always buy genuine Audi sensors but it's more difficult to justify the extra cost when you're just buying on a 'trial and error' basis.

Cheers Spike

Ta. I have ordered the HAAS Camshaft Sensor at £20.99. I may even have it today. Will get it fitted and see what happens next. Seemed odd to me that the Crankshaft Sensor was Facet but they do not have a Facet Camshaft Sensor.

I would have agreed with you about only buying a Genuine Audi Parts at one time, until they started coming with Made in Somewhere other than Germany on the box. Not even in Europe.

Biggest disappointment I had was Spark Plugs for my Air Cooled VWs :- Joseph Bosch Hamburg - Made in NOT Germany and not even Europe !

Last edited:
Have you guys tried carpartsforless? They are eurocarparts sister company and are sometimes cheaper on the same parts?

Back