Deciding the Charity for 'Bonnet across Britain'

Which charity would you like to benefit from A2OC's Bonnet across Britain?

• Air Ambulance Association

Votes: 18 37.5%
  • Motor Neurone Disease Association

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • NSPCC

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • Help For Heroes

Votes: 11 22.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

YorkshireHill

A2OC Donor
We would like to select ONE charity to benefit from the fund-raising event ‘Bonnet across Britain’

As it is difficult to choose from a vast range of worthwhile causes, the organising team and moderators have narrowed it down to a list of four charities, each with a connection in some way to A2OC.

The choices are…

The Air Ambulance Association – a connection with engines, roads and serving the whole of the British Isles

Motor Neurone Disease Association – a connection with a member (Tourangang) many of us knew who worked hard to promote the association and sadly died in 2012.

NSPCC – Many members express a wish for it to be a Children’s charity so we chose a nationally based one

Help for Heroes – the bonnet with its painted finish reminds us of this one! Supporting wounded service personnel across Britain

Please vote for the charity you would like to benefit from A2OC’s fund-raising event ‘Bonnet across Britain’

Thank you

Hilary

Excellent... All worthy causes I must add... Come on folks show your support and get voting... Also would like to add to all those guest followers on the forum.. Please register and participate in this great event..

Some good causes. I tend to stay away from charities that spend a lot of money advertising. If I give £1 to charity I want it to be spent on needy donkeys/cancer research/buying prosthetics and NOT on advertising or chuggers that will turn my £1 into £1.20 by getting two other people to give £1 each and taking 80p in commission.

Twenty three have voted so far ... Thank you

Please note the voting is for EVERYONE. We value your input whatever your involvement in the event. At this stage, you may not have plans to take the bonnet anywhere but hopefully as many members as possible will see it as it travels the country from October 2016 to October 2017...

So please get involved and vote for the charity you'd like to benefit

Hilary & team

Another prompt for anyone seeing this thread for the first time

We're selecting a charity to benefit from A2OC's year long fund-raiser.

Your vote will make a big difference to the charity ...

Thank you

Hilary

Reactions: chb
Yes the poll is very close. Would like to see a clear front runner but then they are all worthy causes.

Hilary is working hard behind the scenes on this and im looking forward to getting this charity fundraiser underway.

Hi all.. Just a bump on this thread... Not many votes in so far so thanks to those that have
Can I remind everyone to please take part in the poll.. There is a lot of effort going into this a2oc event behind the scenes so let's all show our appreciation and cast a vote for a charity cause... Will only take you a second but it can make a world of difference to someone who benefits from this fundraiser so spare a thought... Kind regards zippy

Going to bump this thread again to remind all voting closes this evening

Have to say 640 odd views and 32 votes... We need more votes for this
Come on folks please take a moment and vote for one worthy charity.. If your having trouble viewing the page let us know and we can help resolve that..
This is a massive thing for the clubs members to be able to make a difference to people's lives.
I'm sure plenty of us have an association with a charity in a personal way so again please vote..

Show your appreciation to the team behind this by sparing a minute....
This is a year long event so plenty of time to get involved but we need the votes now...

Apologies if people think I am banging on but this is an important decision and a chance for all of us to really show that the a2oc members care

Voted

For those using Taptalk, just press the three dots in the top right hand corner, then web view. You can then cast your vote with the poll. Click Done top left corner and you will be back here, takes a matter of seconds

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back