Votex Style Bodykits

Birchall

Dick Chown Award 2016
Hi,

The Votex style rear spoilers have taken an age to resolve, sorry for that!
But they are oin the verge of being completed and so I have asked the guy to get started on the rest of the kit.

Front and rear, both side pieces and a set of jacking point covers being the full kit.

Today I dropped off an A2 at their premises so that they can ensure that everything fits and is as it should be.

As with the rear spoilers I will be absorbing the cost of making the moulds and NOT factoring that into the cost price they wiull be sold to members at.

When I checked lots of other companies, they all said, the cost of the moulds would be so huge that you would have to sell 200 kits to break even!!! But this guy is yet again doing it at rock bottom costs. But even that is quite a lot, being in the region of £1,000 to make the moulds (sounds expensive but believe me that is super cheap for the effort that is put into making these moulds) Remember that it is four moulds for the body pieces and four more moulds for the jacking point covers (they are "sided" AND "handed" !!!) so that explains the cost.

As I say these costs will NOT be passed on to members, I will recoup the cost of this from sales from non-members when we start selling these on the open market.

But these will roll off the production line in the near future (and we will have sorted out the production times for the rear spoilers AND these kits now).

I will NOT be taking deposits on the body kits, people kindly paid deposits on the rear spoilers and they have had to wait a LONG time and are still waiting.

So this time I am just asking for people to state their interest in the full kits (with or without the rear spoiler, since they may already have one on order)

I will also be making a couple of sets of the jacking point covers FIRST, because many people on here have lost one or more!

I have no prices yet, but once again we will be selling these at COST PRICE toi members.

So please can you let me know of your interest in a kit, with or without spoiler or if you want to buy the jacking point covers (let me know which ones too, remembering that all 4 are different)

There will be no commitment to buy but please only put your name down if you are genuinely interested and plan to buy (subject to price)

Those that have seen the new spoilers will have seen that the quality is good (just needing sanding down and preparing), the quality on the body kit will be to the same standard.

As I say, this might take some time, but I am genuinely hopeful that it will not be too long before they are coming off the production line.

NO PMs please. If you are interested I will ONLY put your name on the list in the sequence posted on this thread (you can PM me for any questions you have, of course, but I want everyone to be able to see the sequence on here, just to be fair.)

Thanks
Steve B

Last edited:
Hi Steve, amazing work :) bit too stressful for me.

I only need the Passenger Side Front Votex Jacking point cover (NSF) but will happily take a full set if that is easier to sort etc.
Think its labeled as VL 8Z0 071 685...happy to be proved wrong.
Thanks for all the work so far

Draggon (also a Steve B :) )

Yes, I will not be asking for any commitment to buy until the price and pictures of the new kit are posted.

So if you are interested, based on that, please do as people have done here and just express an interest, subject to price and quality so that I can gauge the number of potential customers and get accurate quotes from the suppliers.

The cost price is linked to the number we want produced and as I said these will be sold at cost price to members.

Cheers
Steve B

Hi Steve, amazing work :) bit too stressful for me.

I only need the Passenger Side Front Votex Jacking point cover (NSF) but will happily take a full set if that is easier to sort etc.
Think its labeled as VL 8Z0 071 685...happy to be proved wrong.
Thanks for all the work so far

Draggon (also a Steve B :) )

Thanks,
I won't be forcing people to buy 4 when they only need one. That is not my style.

So as soon as these roll off I will confirm on here and let you know the details.

Cheers
Steve B (too)

I will also take the opportunity to express interest in votex jacking point covers to end my painful ongoing search...

...lucky enough to own a car with a good kit already fitted but need OS/F cover to complete an otherwise stunning car! - would also be willing to take a pair/full set for the right price if needed. Top work.

Kennedy.

Can you put me down for a full set of Jacking covers Steve. I've got all 4 and they are tiger sealed in place but its just incase.

Please can I be put at the bottom of the list though as I really don't need them, they will just be spares.

I'm interested in a full kit also , are there any pics of what it's like ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm interested in a full kit also , are there any pics of what it's like ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

41dda2bdf351d3037cb21b9b0b89b92a.jpg

49e07ec188692cdc213ffc90728cf927.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's great, I was about to 3D print the jacking point covers myself but this is a better solution. I am interested in the front drivers side jacking point cover. Plus the rear spoiler if the price it right.

Thanks for saving me hours of 3D modelling :)

Back