Isofix plastic bits

A2 D2

I purchased an isofix car seat from a local fella on Gumtree yesterday and it is in good order. However, it is a little rattly and I noted with interest that both the instructions for the isofix seat and the audi manual refer to isofix plastic guides.

Having never previously installed an isofix seat, are these useful for limiting the lateral movement of the isofix and cutting the noise down? If so, should I get them from Audi?

Thanks Dave, according to this it confirms that I require a 'guide funnel'.

It would be helpful if anyone with experience could point out what the function of these funnels is, beyond assisting in the location of the metal arms to the isofix hooks. That part wasn't very tricky, the excess movement is a bit irritating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi,

Regarding your rattle, usually with Isofix seats after clipping to the isofix hooks the main body of the child seat can then be slid along the isofix rails until it is very tight against the seat back - providing nothing in the way - e.g. head rest. sometimes once you've clipped seat to rails and pushed child seat back a notch it locks and you may need to lightly press the release button then try to slide it back harder against the car seat back. This should stop your rattle.

Hope that makes sense.

really needs a video to demonstrate...

Pete

No that is great I do understand your helpful and clear description.

Never heard of these guide tunnels however I don't think they would have any particular benefit. The fixings aren't hidden or hard to access and if you follow the helpful advice already provided hopefully your seat will be rattle free.

Never heard of these guide tunnels however I don't think they would have any particular benefit. The fixings aren't hidden or hard to access and if you follow the helpful advice already provided hopefully your seat will be rattle free.

Thanks guys, I'll have a fiddle tonight.

I think I have two of these which I found in the rear seats when I bought the car...

Yours for the price of postage if it helps.

Back