New member "A2dave"

A2dave

Hi new a2 owner here its 15 years old needs bits and bobs but the main thing I need is a passenger carpet in grey as the one in it stinks of dog so bad pm me if you have one available thanks Dave

Hi Dave and welcome to a helpful and friendly club. Very soon you will receive a welcome package which will help guide you around. You may be best placed putting an advert in the "wanted" section of the marketplace or perhaps viewing "A2Steve,s" parts list or "Sarge" for all the bits you may need.

I see from your profile that you own a 1.2 tdi which is a very rare car in the UK. Please consider telling us a bit about it and perhaps some photo,s
Cheers
Dave:)

Last edited:
Hi Dave Welcome to the forum, Yes A2Steve and I have lots of parts available, I'll take a look to see if I have one for you.

Sarge

Thanks sarge that would be great as for the car it's a 1.4 petrol for some unknown reason i couldn't continue my sign up without adding other models, so it's a 51 plate in blue with oss and black leather electric Windows all round double din and no fogs as it was a cat d back in 2011 and stinks of dog at the moment but it was only £900

All okay with your car profile Dave.... you will have plenty of time to find your way around. I was very confused when I first joined and still am. :)

Hi Dave

Welcome to the club. If you haven't already received my welcome pm, please let me know.

I only have black or cream carpets here at present but hopefully Sarge will be able to help you out with a grey one.

Thanks for the welcome if sarge has trouble getting the grey I may just have the black off you Steve as I need to get the car ready for the 3rd of October and black carpet is better than none as I've ripped the other one out it stank so bad

I thought I'd give a little background on why I have the a2
I'm 43 and always owned German or jap cars 10 years ago I had bone cancer it's all sorted now but I was left with serious nerve damage ,a couple of years ago my consultant suggested I apply for disability benefit so I did and was given a 4 year award .so I thought great new car on the lease for 3 years and so got a vw Tiguan I should have read the small print after 2 years the benefit people took it away so I was left with a month to find and buy a car I'm not loaded and the loss of my benefit was completely unexpected so hence the a2 it was the best I could do with the cash I had but I think it's a great car that stands up well and quite a rarity on the streets I'm very happy with it

Sorry to hear of your illness Dave. A great choice the A2 for many reasons, as you know, hope it serves you well for many years to come.

Thanks I always liked the a2 but never got round to needing one till now and once I've sorted all the benefit crap out I'm going to give it to my lad for his first car

Any chance of a photo of the inside Dave. I'm not convinced your interior is grey. Soul black often looks more like a dark grey. If you can post a photo I will be able to help.

A photo of the glovebox area would be the best place to tell.

Last edited:
100% soul black interior. If Sarge hasn't got one in black, let me know. It will be £10 plus postage and should be with you by the weekend if you can get back to me soon enough.

Last edited:
Hi, I just removed the carpet ready to let you know, but now it appears that you have black? I do have the black however I can't get to it right now, and as you need it quickly I suggest therefore take it from Steve :)

Sarge

Attachments

• 20160926_154225.jpg
    20160926_154225.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 173
  • 20160926_154244.jpg
    20160926_154244.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 175
  • 20160926_154353.jpg
    20160926_154353.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 173
Hi, I just removed the carpet ready to let you know, but now it appears that you have black?

Thats called sods law I think!! I really do need to get that colour chart thing sorted i've been on about so that its easier for members to identify their colour.

Thanks guys sorry for the mistake in colour I was torn between black and grey at close range looks grey let me know how to pay you Steve thanks again
Also it's down to the metal as the foam stinks of dog pee

Last edited:
Back