Space saver/collapsible space saver compatibility...

Kennedy

A2OC Donor
Hi guys. I'm getting nervous about running two family A2's with absolutely no back up wheels or spacesavers in either car or in the garage. The wheel setup on both is 195 45 17s...

What wheel tyre setup is the collapsible Vredestein spacesaver compatible for?

- aside from the above I'm looking at 5 stud fitment vw spacesavers on ebay that are the non collapsible type (cheaper! :eek:) and generally 125 70 16s, if I've worked this out correctly this should be okay for overall height, but any advice or validation would be appreciated.

Cheers, Kennedy.

Just in case anyone comes across the above post, I actually worked out something wrong...

So I only added the profile depth once when calculating the spacesaver height meaning a 125 70 16 spacesaver is a bit bigger than a normal A2 setup so not really ideal.

Stick to spacesavers closer to the range of 125 70 15 for conventional wheel setups (such as 195 45 17s)... my mistake.

Cheers. Kennedy.

Hi kennedy
I bought a steel wheel and put on a 15 inch tyre as a spare. I found this set-up better as it fits into the lower boot neatly, as a space-saver does, thus leaving the upper boot for general use. It is smaller than the standard 16" SE alloys but will get me home if needed.

Back