Rear right side door and mirror

Ovass

Hello guys,

I'm the proud owner of an Audi A2 1.4 petrol / 2001 since almost a year now. Everything works almost fine, the car is just amazing in my opinion, design and engine. I have 2 little problems tho. I need to change the right rear door and the right-side mirror because i got hitted by a truck 4 months ago. I'm not going to go on details about insurance and stuff like that because i live in Romania and the system here is just terrible. The driver that hitted me was from Serbia and there is a special process about insurance with this kind of stuff... Anyway, since it's about 4 months already, i can't stand it no more and i want to fix the car on my own and i'll deal with the system later. So... i need some guides on how to remove the rear door and the mirror complete (with the black triangle that comes on the door). Some pictures would help me a lot, since i'm new with Audi. Aw...forgot to mention that my car is LH :D . Many apologizes for my bad english. Thank you

Hi,
slightly confused. Is it the REAR door and the mirror on the FRONT door that is damaged? Removing the doors is pretty easy, they just bolt on, and the couplings are quick fit. You need XZN split bits to do the job well. Quite a few on here have this set:
Draper Expert 59985 61 Piece 3/8, 1/2Inch Square Drive Mechanics Socket and Bit Set

But you might need a different set in Romania.

Overall the doors are very easy to work on.

Yes, the rear right door and the mirror from the passenger front door. I don't know how did the other driver managed to hit me like that :D Ok, so the doors are easy to dissamble, but how about the mirror? Seems a bit complicated with that...

You need to remove the door panel to get access to the mirror mounting from the back. It's pretty straight forward once you have the door card off.

So that's it? Remove only the door card and i'll have acces to remove the complete mirror? Sounds a bit to easy.

Door card is three torx bolts (one is behind tweeter grill and two in the interior door handle. Then pull gently from the bottom edge to pop the clips holding the door card. You need to support the door card as the wire to the tweeter is very short. Unclip this and other wires and the handle door cable and the card can be removed 100%.

Ok guys. Thanks for all the info and the tips. Tomorrow i'm gonna start working on my car. Will post back if it will be a success or a failure :D

Reactions: chb
Back