Stereo wiring

Hi,
I recently replaced the aftermarket stereo in my A2 which was there when I bought it, with a Pioneer DAB radio head unit. Everything works great with the new head unit apart from I have no rear speakers, there is a wiring adapter used to connect the aftermarket head unit and everything looks ok but I cannot see why the back speakers do not work. Fronts work fine...
Hoping someone will know what the issue is!

Thanks

Have you followed the wiring through the various connector blocks and compared it with what was there previously? Sometimes it helps to draw it out.

Depends on your standard system. most a2's only have front speakers no backs but you can wire some in

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

factory fitted A2 rear speaks us an amp under the drivers feet (RHD cars), the factory head unit on provides power output to the front speakers, and line out to the rears, the amp then boosts this to power the speakers. If the amp is not being powered or the amp is getting speaker input as against line input this could well be your problem. Most after market head units provide a line out as well as front and back powered outputs to the speakers.
Still a mystery to me by Audi chose to use an external amp for the rear speakers.

Cheers,

Back