Guess the mileage – you could win a super Audi-related Prize!

YorkshireHill

A2OC Donor
This weekend our A2 Bonnet starts its year-long journey around Britain. We hope you will get involved by meeting up with A2 friends old & new to help it tour the country. Everywhere the bonnet goes, we’ll collect signatures and valuable donations for our chosen charity ‘Association of Air Ambulances’. Our target is to raise at least £2,500 over the course of the year.

But how far will our bonnet travel before reaching its final destination at ADI 2017? Your guess is as good as mine – and right now, it could win you a prize in our fun “Guess the Mileage” contest.

Here are some clues…

• The bonnet started from Aberdare in South Wales, where A2Steve spent time preparing the finish and testing the paint technique

• It arrived at Castle Combe, Wiltshire at the ADI social.

• Then we know it’s heading to Stoke, then on to Yorkshire, and then Scotland.

• After that the route is entirely up to club members… until the bonnet reaches its final destination at ADI again, in October 2017

We’ll keep a secret log of the exact journey, but you can follow the progress all on the Bonnet Across Britain thread.

Now for our great competition…

• Work out (or guess) how far you think our bonnet will travel during the year.
• Then put your money where your mouth is. Every person who donates gets one guess per £10 donated. Of course, if you’re feeling generous, you’ll get multiple entries. Eg. Give £20 to our good cause and you get two guesses, put in £50 and you can have 5 goes etc.
• Please make your donation directly onto the fund-raising page http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/BonnetacrossBritainA2OC
• Once you’ve donated, PM me your guess(es) in miles. I’ll keep them safe until it’s time to decide the winner.

To ensure fairness, the deadline for entries to this competition is midnight on 31 January 2017.

Once the bonnet finishes its journey at ADI 2017, the entry with the closest number of miles will be announced – and awarded the prize. Plus there will be runners up prizes too.

We’re planning a super-exciting, mystery prize and are currently in negotiations with Audi UK and others. We’ll tell you more as soon as everything is confirmed, but I guarantee the prize will be Audi related, and very well worth winning!

Good Luck!

A good cause Hilary and a big well done for all your hard work.... ive made my donation and lets hope we can meet our target.

Cheers
Dave:)

This weekend our A2 Bonnet starts its year-long journey around Britain. We hope you will get involved by meeting up with A2 friends old & new to help it tour the country. Everywhere the bonnet goes, we’ll collect signatures and valuable donations for our chosen charity ‘Association of Air Ambulances’. Our target is to raise at least £2,500 over the course of the year.

But how far will our bonnet travel before reaching its final destination at ADI 2017? Your guess is as good as mine – and right now, it could win you a prize in our fun “Guess the Mileage” contest.

Here are some clues…

• The bonnet started from Aberdare in South Wales, where A2Steve spent time preparing the finish and testing the paint technique

• After that the route is entirely up to club members… until the bonnet reaches its final destination at ADI again, in October 2017

We’ll keep a secret log of the exact journey, but you can follow the progress all on the Bonnet Across Britain thread.

• Then put your money where your mouth is. Every person who donates gets one guess per £10 donated. Of course, if you’re feeling generous, you’ll get multiple entries. Eg. Give £20 to our good cause and you get two guesses, put in £50 and you can have 5 goes etc.
• Please make your donation directly onto the fund-raising page http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/BonnetacrossBritainA2OC
• Once you’ve donated, PM me your guess(es) in miles. I’ll keep them safe until it’s time to decide the winner.

To ensure fairness, the deadline for entries to this competition is midnight on 31 January 2017.

Once the bonnet finishes its journey at ADI 2017, the entry with the closest number of miles will be announced – and awarded the prize. Plus there will be runners up prizes too.

We’re planning a super-exciting, mystery prize and are currently in negotiations with Audi UK and others. We’ll tell you more as soon as everything is confirmed, but I guarantee the prize will be Audi related, and very well worth winning!

Good Luck!

Just one month left before we close the Competition to 'Guess the Mileage' our Bonnet travels this year

So send in your guess (or guesses) by PM to YorkshireHill and the winner will be announced at the end of the 'Bonnet Across Britain' in October 2017

You can still enter your guess now if you're planning to take part later in the year. Donations to the Air Ambulances on our fund-raising page http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/BonnetacrossBritainA2OC can be made at any time

Thanks to everyone for your generosity

Hilary

ADI September 2017

oh...so it is! thanks for pointing this out. I've just looked up the date for ADI which is 16 September 2017

Just eleven months of travelling for the bonnet then. I'll leave our fund-raiser page as it is for now and all the posts where I've written 'our year-long event'!

Hilary

Here are some clues…

Good Luck!

Just TWO WEEKS left to enter our 'Guess the Mileage' Competition...

Almost your last chance to enter our super Competition to guess the mileage of the ‘Bonnet Across Britain’…

Don’t miss out - You could win a great Audi-related prize

All you have to do is guess… How far the A2 Bonnet will travel on its trip this year finishing at ADI in September

then send me your entries by PM

Anyone can enter. All we ask is PLEASE support our A2OC Fund-raising event for ‘Air Ambulances’ One entry per £10 donation.

Donations may be made directly on our fund-raising page

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/BonnetacrossBritainA2OC

Reactions: AJB
A few people have contacted to say they havn't got around to sending in entries for the Bonnet Mileage Competition.

So as the Bonnet has stalled for a couple of months, we've decided to extend the deadline.

For those of you with entries already submitted, don't worry - it will still be impossible to know the final mileage.

Now taking entries until midnight on 31 March 2017

So many people tell us how much they get from A2OC, taking part in our charity fund-raiser is your chance to give something back

Only just remembered to pledge my donation the other day. Will send in my guesses by PM.

Kind regards,

Tom

Ok, so the 'Guess the Mileage' Competition really is closing tonight

If you haven't sent me your guesses, have a go and PM before midnight

Some of you have made a donation and not entered a guess.

And A2Steve - just because you came up with this brilliant idea, doesn't mean you can't enter - nobody can possibly know or work it out!

Hilary

Hi Folks

Less than a month to go before we find out the winner of the 'Bonnet' Competition

The A2 Bonnet has been travelling the country since October 2016 when it set off from ADI. We chose the end point of the competition as 15 October 2017 (before we knew ADI date had changed this year!)

But there'll still be plenty of time to sign it as it continues its journey

Currently somewhere in Scotland...then wherever someone volunteers to take it

Please join in with our Club fund-raiser in support of 'Association of Air Ambulances'

http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread.php?31148-Bonnet-Across-Britain-the-Journey

Thanks to everyone for your participation

Hilary

Last edited:
One year ago, our A2 Bonnet began its journey from Castle Combe, Wiltshire

Where did it travel ...?

Swindon, Stoke-on-Trent-Leeds-Wakefield-Birmingham-Norwich-Bruntingthorpe-Donnington Park-Bakewell-Coalville-Lincoln-Royal Wootton Bassett-Swindon-Chippenham-Westbury-Somerset-Devon-Manchester-Northampton-Staines-Merthyr Tydfil- Balerno

A Total of ... 6481 Miles

Attachments

• Bonnet Route small.jpg
    Bonnet Route small.jpg
    191.8 KB · Views: 217
  • Bonnet Route.pdf
    556.2 KB · Views: 262
After 6481 miles,the Bonnet is in Balerno in Scotland and continues to travel

But our Competition to guess the mileage in one year has ended and we now have a WINNER!

CONGRATULATIONS to Chumsofmanutd for the closest guess of 5900 miles

Well Done Rob. Your prize of the £100 Fuel Card will be arriving with you soon

Thank you to everyone for entering the Competition and participating with the Club Fund-raiser.

Back