Monroe Reflex ordered - which springs to order?

A2Z3

Have just ordered Monroe Reflex dampers E4998 front and E1309 rear to my 2004 1,6 FSI Open Sky. The car has standard factory suspension, ie not lowered.
There are numerous treads about different dampers/suspension set up on the forum, but I am still a bit confused.
Changing springs at the same time as dampers are changed are probably a god idea, but is it neccessary?
If changing springs, I have a few questions:
Could I order lowering springs that suits these Monroe Reflex dampers? If so, which springs, as 1,6 FSI and Open Sky adds some weight to the car.
Or should I order springs with standard height - any recomended manufacturer?

If I go for Lowering springs, its for better appearance only, so no need to be rock hard.

I think it makes perfect sense to change springs along with the other bits whist it's apart. Weitec are a good lowering spring and offer a comfortable ride whilst offering a sportier option. They are also sold as st springs-did you not just ask this last week ? Some go for spidan springs but I have not tried them - I have weitec on my FSI and H&R on both the TDI 's H&R are very stiff though. Cheers Mike
try here http://www.europerformance.co.uk

Tanks for reply. You are right, I asked (almost) the same last week. That was more conserning choosing right dampers. Now I want to order right springs as well, hence new post - probably gong to order Weitec lowering springs then a2sumo

a2sumo, which Weitec springs do you have on your FSI? Standard, lowered 30mm front and rear or 30mm front only?

Hi a2z3. Lowered front and back. You will find that the lowered front is actually only front springs -hence the drop in price.

Ok, thanks. I'll go for 30mm front and rear then. Do you have a picture og your lowered FSI?

Back