Interior colours

I strongly suspect it's that neptune is the name of the leather colour and sea the name of the cloth colour.

- Bret

You can buy both Neptune and Sea Blue leather gear stick gaiters plus plastic seat side guards Bret..... maybe one colour superseded the other with a slight shade change ?. :confused:

Last edited:
Let me have a look at the original names.... Okay, so Seeblau and Neptunblau are two different colours. Neptune can be leather, though, and sea is only cloth (for both sport and normal seats), and yes, the appears to be both available as gaiters, which is really wierd. 6X5 is the code for Neptune, 8BH for Sea. I suspect Sea also disappeared at around teh same time as color.storm appeared but can't corroborate that quickly. And some googling doesn't help, we haven't covered this, ever, on the German forum.

Why is it important right now? I think there are only Neptune steering wheels, but I've just spotted cloth seats with black / blue door cards, which ought to be wrong. Might not be original.... I thought that was only ever with color.storm and the special leather.

- Bret

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me the name of the red leather and colour code for our A2s

a2 red leather.PNG

Thanks in advance Gary

Hi Gary,

According to the brochure it is called "Red pearl nappa leather" and the colour code is YK for sports seats only.

Cheers
Dave:)

Last edited:
oh my so ive 2 to chose from amulet red Code 6Y6 or Red pearl nappa leather colour code YK , does anyone know how different these are or may it just be another name change or colour variation to a different market not uk, does anyone know if there is some kind of label on the front seats to indicate correct colour as affrid the boot options sticker has seen better days and mostly non readable due to a past water leak id imagine ...

I think that the red pearl nappa may be the colour on the sports seats and the amulet on the SE,s ?...... just a guess going on the brochure information. From what I recall are the sports seats are a darker red in shade ?. Perhaps someone could provide photo,s to assist Gary.

thanks Spike and Dave appreciated ... seems the pdf says amulet red code is YK.... no mention of Red pearl nappa, seems my saturday morning will be spent removing a front seat and having a good look see ...thanks again guys

I'm pretty sure that the red leather and also the alcantara are only available on Sport spec seats. All of tge other colours are available in sport and SE spec but I may be wrong.

Surprised there are two different colours of red leather. You learn something new every day.

Good morning all,

I recently purchased a full Amulet Red Leather Sport Interior and was after some assistance to decide on the best colour match restorer cream. Please let me know if you have the same coloured interior and what product you used.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Quality-Car-Covers/_i.html?_nkw=Red&submit=Search&_sid=926052951

This link is what I'm after buying from eBay, I would choose this seller as their restorer cream worked brilliantly on my Platinum Leather Sport Seats (which will be available shortly) but more than happy to try another supplier on recommendation.

Kind regards,

Tom

Jigsaw,

Thank you very much for the advice. Same looking product with an extra 50ml and slightly cheaper. I'll buy a tub now.

Thanks again,

Kind regards,

Tom

Evening Jigsaw,

Thank you very much for recommending Cherry Red TRG Balm. I've only done one coat this afternoon and it is absolutely brilliant. Perfect colour match and really does revitalise the Amulet Red Leather parts. The seats now look fantastic but the biggest transformation was the gear gaiter and the steering wheel, they were quite dull and wish I had taken before and after pictures.

The gear knob is black around the top and the handbrake lever is also black near the aluminium release button so I might have to get these recoloured/painted at a later date, but for now I am totally satisfied with the results of this recommended product.

Merry Christmas,

Tom

Great! found out what YH represents in interior colouring, so what does the NOG mean? in the code?

Last edited:
Evening Jigsaw,

Thank you very much for recommending Cherry Red TRG Balm. I've only done one coat this afternoon and it is absolutely brilliant. Perfect colour match and really does revitalise the Amulet Red Leather parts. The seats now look fantastic but the biggest transformation was the gear gaiter and the steering wheel, they were quite dull and wish I had taken before and after pictures.

The gear knob is black around the top and the handbrake lever is also black near the aluminium release button so I might have to get these recoloured/painted at a later date, but for now I am totally satisfied with the results of this recommended product.

Merry Christmas,

Tom

Hi Tom, can you get me a revised link to the cherry red balm, as the old one doesn't seem to work any more. I've got a new red leather coming next month, and want to give it a good going over before fitting.

Cheers,

JrB

Hi Tom, can you get me a revised link to the cherry red balm, as the old one doesn't seem to work any more. I've got a new red leather coming next month, and want to give it a good going over before fitting.

Cheers,

JrB

Hi Jeremy, I use the one from thefurnitureclinic. Reasonably priced and the colour match is nice and not too in your face.

Back