What do these buttons do and could I use WD40 to clean then face

Cangri

Hi,
i`ve searched and can`t find what do the circled buttons do.
appreciate your help
also wondered if anyone used WD40 to clean the buttons when they get stuck when pressed
I know it should not cause anything but we all know the paint is very sensitive on these.

hqdefault.jpg

Hi Cangri, I've just been told that they direct the airflow between (up) vents, (down) footwells & (middle) windscreen. I'm sure if that's wrong, one of the more knowledgeable members will put me right.
Chris

It all makes sense now.That I do not see other options to redirect the air flow.
Only that on cars I`m used to it has the drawings to be more intuitive :)
Thank you!

Hi,
i`ve searched and can`t find what do the circled buttons do.
appreciate your help
also wondered if anyone used WD40 to clean the buttons when they get stuck when pressed
I know it should not cause anything but we all know the paint is very sensitive on these.

View attachment 26527

Hi,

the top button, up arrow is the windscreen de-mist. The bottom, down arrow is the foot wells. The middle button with the picture of a vent grille are the directable outlet vents on the facia.

The soft touch paint does dissolve quite easily so don't use any solvents. Gunge can be difficult to remove round the edges and I would be careful not to use too much liquid as you don't want any getting into the switches behind the buttons. If its really bad you could remove the panel from the car and take the front off and clean the buttons individually. Its held on by very small torx screws. Be careful when replacing the screws as they are self tapping and don't require much force to tighten.

regards

Andrew

Hi Cangri, I've just been told that they direct the airflow between (up) vents, (down) footwells & (middle) windscreen. I'm sure if that's wrong, one of the more knowledgeable members will put me right.
Chris

Hi Chris

Great first post contributing with help for members. Welcome!

Hilary

Last edited:
Back