Information How-to identify your trim colour

A2Steve

A2OC Donor
Wales
3517716F-E137-4276-B9E3-0767BF8E436B.jpeg

This is something I've been meaning to do for a while. The interior trim colour of the A2's is often difficult to identify, especially if it's aged or dirty. The trim difference people struggle with the most and the one that causes most confusion from my experience is twist cream or platinum grey.

I've got lots of trim lying around the place so I've decided to lay them all next to each other and take a photo with the same camera in the same lighting conditions.

When laid next to each other it's quite easy to identify the difference.

From left to right we've got soul black, platinum grey, twist cream and swing grey.

I know there are other colours such as Blue, yellow and red but if you can't identify those then you should have gone to specsavers :)

Last edited:
Unfortunately I didn't keep the photo. Lots of my posts have now lost their photo content due to the change with photobucket. What we need is a reliable, modern and easy way of uploading photos to the forum using the forum software rather than having to rely on third party hosting.

ehyno1.jpg

This is something I've been meaning to do for a while. The interior trim colour of the A2's is often difficult to identify, especially if it's aged or dirty. The trim difference people struggle with the most and the one that causes most confusion from my experience is twist cream or platinum grey.

I've got lots of trim lying around the place so I've decided to lay them all next to each other and take a photo with the same camera in the same lighting conditions.

When laid next to each other it's quite easy to identify the difference.

From left to right we've got soul black, platinum grey, twist cream and swing grey.

I know there are other colours such as Blue, yellow and red but if you can't identify those then you should have gone to specsavers :)
Hi Steve,

Any chance of reinstating the pictures in the first post, always useful, especially for new to A2 members.

Thanks - Andy

Thanks bretti_kivi What code would indicate the seat colour on my A2, please?

A2 VA04 FGF Interior and Options Specification.jpg

The YL is Soul Black, the colour of the door cards and dash. My seats are cloth in a light grey (to my eyes). I'm wondering what the NOG code is for?

N0G is for the standard (Sinus) fabric i.e. SE seats. My first A2 (also Crystal Blue) says N0G/YA and was originally Soul black throughout the interior. While YA is definitely Soul, if you have light grey seats, that would point to YL being the code for Soul with Platinum seats which I know was an option.

Thanks Proghound Just seen in another thread that bretti_kivi posted a link to the German forum for all the codes (in German)

Using Google translate I get:

N0G in fabric "Sinus"
YL light gray
YA black

So my NOG/YL is the colour code for the seats and not the code for the interior panels. I cannot see the YA code in my label for the black interior panels. I'm confused!

N0G is the seat fabric code. The two-character code after the slash is the colour code for the whole interior, but there are different interior codes for the various seat colour options that were available with Soul black.

The relevant codes from the table here
in the order: seat, carpet, dash, roof lining (actually I've read somwhere else it's seat, other fabrics, plastics, drapery, but it's close enough).

YA = black, black, black, grey

YH = blue, black, black, grey (and matching colour arm rests in the doors)
YJ = yellow, black, black, grey (ditto)
YK = red, black, black, grey (ditto)
YL = grey, black, black, grey

YA is full Soul black including seats
YH to YL are as per Soul except different coloured seats (and the armrests for the primary colours).
YL has the grey seats but can't be a full Platinum interior as it still has the black carpets.

Compare and contrast:

YG = grey, grey, black+grey, grey

YG has the grey carpets and the dash also includes grey, i.e. glovebox, driver's underdash panel, central console etc. This would be a full Platinum interior.

(Bret's table also mentions YB, 'grau' = grey, which would have been Swing.)

sorry I’m totally confused, so was wondering if someone can translate this for me. Found this in my manual
From Bret's table above, NH would appear to be Platinum. What gets me is why it's not using the YG code for that.

I also see five N-codes for Soul to go with the five Y-codes. I'm guessing these might denote that interior includes leather seats, but in that case where is the code for Swing leather, or the red or yellow Soul variants?.

Could you post a picture of your interior to help piece the puzzle together?

From Bret's table above, NH would appear to be Platinum. What gets me is why it's not using the YG code for that.

I also see five N-codes for Soul to go with the five Y-codes. I'm guessing these might denote that interior includes leather seats, but in that case where is the code for Swing leather, or the red or yellow Soul variants?.

Could you post a picture of your interior to help piece the puzzle together?

Welcome to my confusion ? glad it’s not just me. Just got the car, so apologies for the state of the seats and the darkness...

But I have cloth cream seats and a black gear knob and gaiter, so am puzzled and think somethings been changed?

9751FA29-3778-4967-A919-B223240629CD.jpeg

Back