Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Heated SE seats

Aren't mark 1 tt seats similarly compatible?
    A2s
    - 1.4tdi Ebony Black w/Red Legends Leather,202k miles,BOSE,RNS-E,ColourDIS (Baby Boomer)
    - 1.4tdi Mauritius Blue,OSS,BOSE,Black Sports Leather (Project X)
    - 1.6 FSI SE Ebony Black, BrokenSky (Dad's)
    A6 Allroad - 3.0tdi - Leather, BOSE
    Scirocco Storm - Mk2 1.9 BRMotorSport, many upgrades

Gone, but not forgotten: A2 2x1.6FSI, 2x1.4 (Po/ProjectY) A5 3.0tdi Coupe, 13xSciroccos, 3xCorrados inc mythical Campaign, 4xMk1 Golfs, 3xN & 1xGLi Cabrio

I would imagine so.

Thanks, more options.

Steve B
    2003 FSI Sport in Violet Silver (LY4W), 85k miles, ex-Motorshow car 2002. Well specced, RNS-D, OSS (working) Red leather sport heated seats with 3 seat bench. Being restored to original spec

VCDS and Key programming service Including the new shaped key fobs, Votex Jacking point covers (3d copies) available.

I have two options currently.

One is to buy buy a set of secondhand TT heated front seats (cost of around 100)
    or I have just seen some VW Mark 4 ones, new for around 210 for the set for both seats.

I am tempted by the latter option. Mainly because I can be sure they are not broken and should last for a long time.

They should br compatible (according to the seller) they apparently have the same plugs and as I say I have used Golf heated seats before and they were plug and play.

So I have gone from dead ends to now having two choices.

Thanks all for the input and help, it is much appreciated.

Steve B
    2003 FSI Sport in Violet Silver (LY4W), 85k miles, ex-Motorshow car 2002. Well specced, RNS-D, OSS (working) Red leather sport heated seats with 3 seat bench. Being restored to original spec

VCDS and Key programming service Including the new shaped key fobs, Votex Jacking point covers (3d copies) available.

Looks like I am still looking for heated seat elements.

The ones in the MK1 TT seats are well glued in and look like they cannot be separated easily enough.

Any options welcome.

Steve B

Pop a pair of Mk2 TT seats in. It's a bit of engineering work needed, but I've done it and the heat is wonderful on chilly mornings. Bone-melting if you leave it on 6. The leather/alcantara seats are lovely and cosseting too.
    WAS : TDI 75 SE 2001 (Little Tank)
    NOW : TDi 90 Sport, OpenSky, Winter Pack, ISOfix, fogs, climate, full electric glass, RNS-E, IceLink, Audi BT phone & red leather! K&N filter, Pentagon Supaglass, black headlining, cruise & Audi PDC, GALA, S-style mirrors & TT road and steering wheels.(The NEW Tank).

Quote Originally Posted by Skipton01 View Post
    Pop a pair of Mk2 TT seats in. It's a bit of engineering work needed, but I've done it and the heat is wonderful on chilly mornings. Bone-melting if you leave it on 6. The leather/alcantara seats are lovely and cosseting too.
    Thanks Mike,

but this is for “project Violet” and I am returning it to factory spec, as it was in the motor show stand so I need everything to be as close to OEM as I can.

Steve B

solvent for the glue used ??
    Paul (Depronman)
    1.4 TDI 2001 287,347 miles and still going strong

Quote Originally Posted by depronman View Post
    solvent for the glue used ??
    Member "Ninja A2" has the TT seats and is kindly stripping them at the moment.

I think he is managing to trim the foam off the pads, I think he has done the passenger seat and is now finishing off the driver's seat.

He will then post them to me and I can see if my trimmer can sort them out for me.

Really appreciate what he is doing for me.

I can't go for new pads, I have just been quoted 600 for new pads and fitting!!!

WELL out of my budget.

Steve B

I'm with depronman - but it might depend what the wires are coated with. Presumably the glue used doesn't soften with heat? Would make sense if not...
    acetone dissolves most things that IPA doesn't but it's hell on plastics and organic polymers so be careful if you go that route... good way to wreck a laptop is loan it to your wife while she does her nails!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk