Why I love my A2

A2Steve

A2OC Donor
Wales
We are currently in the process of changing my wife's car from a Mazda5 to a Peugeot 2008 because the Mazda is costing us a fortune in running costs.

As a result I've been test driving all manner of modern cars that fit the bill and haven't driven the A2 for a good few days.

I just jumped in it to nip to the petrol garage and it reminded me of why I love it so much.

Yes it's a little clunky compared to modern cars but I actually feel that I'm driving the car rather than being a spectator. It handles like it's on rails, is as quicker than any other small engined diesel I've driven recently and all while giving mpg figures in the real world that nearly new cars struggle to give.

My wife may be having the new car but I'll be happily sticking with the A2 for as long as I possibly can and will continue to smile every time I drive it :)

Long live the A2

Seconded, Yes a little 'old school', but totally agree a car that YOU feel that you are DRIVING After all driving is not meant to be a spectator sport !!!

Well I picked up the Peugeot 2008 today and drove the 100 mile odd journey home. It's all singing and dancing with its giant touchscreen on the dash and led lighting around the speedo's and even in the headlining but in comparison with driving the A2 it's just boring.

I needed to pop out earlier for 5 minutes, guess which car I took....the A2 :)

I'm very reluctantly testing the water about getting rid of mine because of a new job. Far from an easy decision because of how much fun it is!

"cough" BMW i3 "cough" [sorry]

yes,

After putting my A2 in storage for a while and driving the i3 (which I do like a lot, apart from the doors) Jumping back into the A2 was NOT like a step down in any way!!! It felt just as good to drive except that it was more fun and much more character than the i3.

And yes new cars do seem to lose some of the driving feel and pleasure.

As I say, I like my i3, I love A2s.

Steve B

Last edited:
Back