SAFE mode: TP and RDS does nothing

phunt

Hello all,

I recently had the battery in my A2 replaced. This has caused the stereo (Concert) to enter SAFE mode. In the past, when the battery has died and I've been in SAFE mode, pressing TP and RDS together brings up the screen to enter the code, no problems there, worked every time.

However, since replacing the battery, pressing these buttons together now does nothing. Any ideas?

I have searched high and low for a solution, but all advice only mentions the above method, there seem to be no other examples like this.
I have also tried several other button combinations to no avail.

Thanks team, hope you can help, driving in silence is not for me!

Paul

Thanks for the response Spike.

Those were the threads that prompted me to sign-up here. You're all very helpful. Unfortunately those cases were resolved by pressing combinations of two buttons, either TP and RDS or SCAN and RDS etc, which doesn't seem to be working in my case. It's odd, as TP and RDS did work fine before the battery replacement, I wonder if the stereo was fundamentally linked to the old battery. Or if the mechanic that changed the battery tried the code and failed, meaning a trip to an Audi dealer to unlock it and some money.

Thanks for your time, think I'll go get a shiny new head unit instead (always wanted an excuse anyway).

Ive found that there are a few Audi dealers that will find the code and reset for free .. it shouldn,t cost any money as they normally do it as a good will gesture. :)

My Audi dealer would give me the code for free but couldn't produce it... Service (fast_radio_codes) on eBay worked great (in a few minutes, no need to go to dealer) but cost € 7

Back