Rear parking censors

rosiedog

A2OC Donor
Hi , can anyone give me the measurements for rear censors, ie distance appart please ?
Many thanks.

Hi , can anyone give me the measurements for rear censors, ie distance appart please ?
Many thanks.

Tony at A2 cars fitted mine (aka hotstuff) on the forum, drop him a message or call him, I'm sure he can help you out!
Cheers Jeff

As per Spike's link, the best way of going about it is to remove the rear bumper. The positions of the sensors are marked on the inside of the bumper (look for a faint circle inside a rectangle). From the inside, drill a tiny pilot hole through the bumper and then drill a hole of the required size for your sensors from the outside.

Cheers,

Tom

Thanks all for the info.
Fitting a towbar (aftermarket ) and shocks, thought i might as well fit some censors i bought for a Golf Gti a few years a go and sold it before getting round to fitting them.
Cheers

Hi all, is there any handy kit available (via ebay or wherever) with all the bits needed for this - i.e. sensors, wiring, and control unit? Or will I need to source separately?

Keen to give this a go, and while there is lots of useful info on the install in the threads linked above, I want to make sure I get the right parts! Ideally want them as close to factory looking as possible.

Cheers

(Edit: maybe I should've started a new thread? Sorry)

Last edited:
I just bought a complete kit, one of many that are available on the Internet.
All was straight forward fitting the censors, even came with a drill for the holes in the bumper.
The most difficult part was removing and refitting the bumper !.

I have used the universal ones on numerous cars in the past, work a treat, but they are NOT flush fitting, however a fine mist coat of the cars colour paint from an aerosol before you fit the sensors and they look very good and in my eyes are perfectly acceptable.
There is another version for a few pounds more with not only the buzzer but also a small LED display that shows how close you are Green / yellow / red, on a Pug 107 I mounted the display to the top of the rear view mirror, not sure this would work on the A2 though

I used a set from "Dolphin Parking Censors ". As i mentioned earlier i had them many years not used in my garage.
I would like to add that they were best buy Auto Express 2008 & 2010, also highly recommended by VW/Audi Driver Magazines at the time.
Sprayed before fitting in the other half's greenhouse cause was nice and warm inside ! !

Back