Goodbye... sort of!

wilco184

Member of the year 2015
Well, the time has come where unfortunately the A2 will no longer be my daily drive. :eek:

The desire for something a little quieter on the motorway and bigger has eventually resulted in the fact that I will no longer be an A2 owner soon. Over 21,000 exceptional miles and 2 years in the TDI have come to an end, with it's replacement due to be picked up tomorrow. The A2 has been to the top of Scotland and near the South coast, been on numerous fantastic trips away, carried plenty of pushbikes, been to several car shows and been used pretty much daily, all without issue! It'll be sad leaving A2 ownership, for sure. :)

My brother still has his A2, though we are unsure yet which he will keep and if we will be selling the FSI or TDI. I won't be leaving the forum and you'll certainly still see myself and the family at AITP and ADI. The A2 being sold will be advertised in due course.

The A2's replacement is a MY2010 B8 A4 saloon in Phantom Black. I'll post some photographs in this thread once I've picked it up and given it a proper clean. :)

Many thanks for all of the help, advice and guidance over the past 3 years. This is a fantastic forum, and I wish you all the best for the future.

Many thanks and all the best,

Matt. :)

Enjoy your new car Matt and hope you will stick around on the forum. You've made a great contribution with your A2 knowledge and helpful posts.

Best wishes

Hilary

Sorry to see you sell up Matt. I hope you do stick around the club. Best wishes for the future.

Thankyou for all your helpful posts Matt.... you are a top club member !. :(

Last edited:
Cheers Matt, like others have said, your contribution to the forum over your ownership has been invaluable and full of enthusiasm,with detailed posts and solutions.

For newer owners/members, the reason your rear interior light does not flicker is down to Matt, and if it does flicker see his diagnosis and fix within the forum, an issue many suffered with until Matt introduced some off us to soldering.

Top fix and forever grateful, best wishes.

Last edited:
Hope the A2 stays in the family Matt, and that you stay firmly attached to A2OC, your input has been so well received.

Enjoy the A4, (should've been an A8)!

Matt,

You were a breath of fresh air on the forum, you brought a fantastic mix of youth and yet maturity (if you know what I mean)

It was a pleasure seeing you and your great family at socials.

I hope your plans go well and if I was a gambling man (which I have been!) I would bet that you will no doubt be buying another A2 in the not too distant future.

Best wishes and glad to see you will be still around.

Steve B

Back