My next mod: Pop up satnav

I would expect David (DJ190) to be along shortly. He started along the path to build this into one of his A2s, albeit not suing a guide but relying on his own (extensive) skill. I didn't see the finished product so not sure how far he got....?

My solution with a 7" tablet (still without a proper power supply)

Attachments

• WP_20160812_005.jpg
    WP_20160812_005.jpg
    376.5 KB · Views: 591
I would expect David (DJ190) to be along shortly. He started along the path to build this into one of his A2s, albeit not suing a guide but relying on his own (extensive) skill. I didn't see the finished product so not sure how far he got....?

Yes, here I am! LOL! Obviously, nothing can be as elegant as a pop-up system using the centre square for storage. The reason that I had gone down this path was to be able to use a sat-nav system with full post-code search. Shortly after completing the project, a upgrade disc was being sold for the RNS-E, on Ebay, that did just that! It was a mere £10 and has worked perfectly! So I've never had to use my other "Garmin" sat-nav! I can still use the centre section purely for storage, though. (That's because I had made the sat-nav easily removable so that it could have been used in another car.) I perfected the release system, too. A simple press-to-release/press-to-shut operation taken from an old portable radio/CD unit was used.In fact, I've done this mod twice, now, and it's always better the second time around! Here's a link to my more recent work :-

https://www.a2oc.net/community/index.php?threads/sat-nav-leather-work.30172/

David

Last edited:
Back